Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ahhh the Misters,I keep them in my ammo box. I been using the flukes for a long time now but I still pull out the twisters once in a while to change it up.I like them just not my first choice.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I use all kinds of different baits,Zoom,Lunker hunt and Powerbaits to name a few.Yes I believe they are scented/flavoured ...they do work great though!

·
Streamside ProStaff
546 Posts
It all depends on what you are fishing for and what areas you are fishing in. Zoom has a great line up of plastics not just flukes. I love the versatility of the flukes for many species however. Topwater, subsurface or bouncing off the bottom. Mister twister and other plastic baits all have their pros and cons as well so don't feel like you have to get rid of them. I use the mirco mister twisters for many smaller species (white perch, trout etc).

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have been using zoom baits for some years now. I once ordered a mixture of over a hundred bags off of e-bay. My favorite is the super fluke (watermelon seed). There is a new fluke out now wth a paddle tail on it. I have a few packs of them I can't wait to try. I also like the frogs for pad beds. I will be tring what I have left this year (finese worm, centipede and mag worms). I also get a lot of action on the lizards. I have quite a few with missing tails. LOL I target bass and pickeral with these although stripers seem to like the white super fluke dragged along the bottom.

·
Registered
76 Posts
zoom baits are my fave to throw, i use misters, and berkley prouducts as well, but you really cant beat zoom for the price, great plastics for a cheap price!

·
Streamside ProStaff
546 Posts
Use them both...sometimes you will want that finesse look when tossing these so put a 2/0 hook through the 3" or smaller sized flukes and watch for the results. I have used larger flukes than 5 1/4" but again it all depends on where you are putting them and what species you are going after. Stripers love these things so go big or stay at home.. I have taken big fish on the micro versions as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts