Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Well done, Shienar! I know that you and XBONESX both spoke up about this at the RFA 3 meeting.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
612 Posts
There were a handfull that attended the one here in PC, sadly I was not able to attend. I think the hot topics were around the stripers and some of the opening dates and ranges of the rivers like barneys.

·
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been at the last 3 rfa 3 RFAC meetings
with one agenda ice fishing and improving the oppertunitys for it in the province

honestly they are not opposed to changes and opening more waters
and can be pretty easy to get along with

the only problem so far seems to be that although alot of people would like to see changes
almost no one is asking for them

in the last 2 years the bent rodz crew has managed to get 5 new waters opened in the HRM and perch/pickerel seasons added to some of the existing
lake already open to ice fishing

not to bad considering its only really been myself and one other crew member at the meetings so far

the RFACs will be around again next NOV so if there are changes people would like to see try to show up and let your voice be heard
they are willing to listen

and if i can ill either be there with you or add my support for your suggestions while attending the meeting in my area

just think if a few voices once a year at one meeting for one RFA can bring change imagine what we might do if its one voice from many people
from across the province asking for the same thing at every meeting

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good work guys! I love seeing positive change in the fishing world.I wish I could have made it to the meeting this season,Glad you guys got our backs!
Now we need some ice to try out some of the new waters ...cheers

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Shienar, what are the criteria that would be considered when opening new lakes for ice fishing? I have at least one lake I'd like to see opened for white perch, and a couple more I really need to put some fishing time on this summer that I suspect would also make for good winter opportunities. What does DFO need (if anything) when a lake is proposed?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts