Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
In my collection of miscellaneous things, I found some Yorkshire hooks - size 12 I think. They are from long ago! I remember once catching a nice 12 in Brookie on the Keji's West River on a fly tied on one but the rest of the time it was a skunky day. I forget when the fish meet the fly but I do remember the water was so high it was hard to find the runs.
Does anyone use them? Any do you have any killer patterns that you could share?
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi All
In my collection of miscellaneous things, I found some Yorkshire hooks - size 12 I think. They are from long ago! I remember once catching a nice 12 in Brookie on the Keji's West River on a fly tied on one but the rest of the time it was a skunky day. I forget when the fish meet the fly but I do remember the water was so high it was hard to find the runs.
Does anyone use them? Any do you have any killer patterns that you could share?
Thanks
Paul
Paul, i can give you a few good reference books!!!!!!!, how ya doing anyway?. i see you were up early today and got the sun pried up with your crow bar, Good job. little sun big smiles. Reelman

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any chance you could post a pic of the hooks & box, mush?? I have a box of Mustad trout sized blind eye's here as well.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any chance you could post a pic of the hooks & box, mush?? I have a box of Mustad trout sized blind eye's here as well.
Hi McMutt
Sorry I not much with pics!
The best I can do is this www site
http://www.amimoucheur.qc.ca/PageImages.asp?Parent=2&IDMarque=19
The hook is called Yorkshire Body part way down the page.
I use blind eye hooks quite a bit - actually spade end hooks but close to the same thing. They are very good for tubes and the dumhoff knot is easy to tie and holds well. More types coming out every year.
I have never seen anyone else using them however so I guess they are not so popular here as in other places.
Have a nice weekend
Paul

·
Registered
87 Posts
WOW, I'd love to find a supplier with those!! That would make life a whole lot easier. I may see if a couple of us may make it to the Mug this Winter, and bring one of those,LOL.I'll post a pic of a few blind eye's i have shortly, from those Mustads to Wm Bartleets, flat BE doubles, and a few mystery hooks you may be able to help me with.I have a project I'm doing with some BE long shank hooks &will be in touch shortly. Worse comes to worse, I'll see you in Dieppe next Spring. Thanks, Paul. Jamie

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mushamush, here's those trout blind eye's.

As for the Yorkshire hooks, I'd do a dry version of my soft hackled wet, The Creation on it.
Tail: 2-3 moose mane fibers Body:Lt Cahill moahir wound tight or dubbed Rib: XS gold oval Tinsel Wing: set back & splayed-wood duck flank Hackle:barred ginger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts