Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Its all personal opinion as there are tonnes of excellent pickeral lakes near Yarmouth.... I would say for my self that Lakes conected to the Kiack Brook system and the Annis River systems would be right up there.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Quackhead-
The Annis system holds lots of pickerel - one good spot to go would be Ellenwood Park. You can launch there, after it opens, right into Ellenwood Lake - lots of pickerel there. As well, the road the goes along the Annis from there downstream parallels the river and provides lots of places you could put in (even before the Park opens) and there is good pickerel fishing all along this stretch.
Hope that helps,
Tight Lines,
Bill

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks guys think i'll try this weekend..always wondered about eel lake..and there's no way to get a larger boat in duck lake is there
have you ever checked eel lake rd for a boat ramp? ive been dying to to get in that lake to look for white perch. looks like there is a stream running in from duck lake so there probabaly is pickeral there. ive seen where people put in canoes at duck lake by a little bridge and stream. let me know how you do if you get in eel lake.

·
Registered
31 Posts
[./quote]
was wondering if you launched on the otherside of the highway at the ramp if i could get under the 103 bride and into the lake..know a lake full of white perch down my way.when i was a kid you could catch a hundred an evening but small so then started going in the lake not as many but most around 15 inches good eating to

·
Registered
46 Posts
Last year (2010) the pickerel tourney was won in kings lake with almost 20 lbs for 5 snakes ... Lake Vaughn itself has some dandys but as Gary said they havent been there that long but they are growing to respectable size quickly

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have never fished kings but as i said looks like a great pick lake lots of cover i have fished wilson and we have caught some 25 26 inch...i use a canoe and have a sweet spot on that lake and river system we have landed 27inch or a bit bigger ...the fish in this system are heavy not sure what they weigh i need to get a scale lol there are a few pictures in chain pick gallery

1 - 20 of 21 Posts