Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend looking for a newer, used 25 HP 4 stroke longshaft with power tilt/trim. He insists he is not interested in anything Mercury but would like a Yamaha, Nissan or Suzuki. If you have anything resembling his wants and needs please let me know and I'll forward your particulars to him. Thanks for any help, cheers, Ken Watts.

·
Registered
806 Posts
shame, i had a 25 ,4stk , merc. and i loved it!it was a 2001 that i bought in 2003, and it worked buetiful until i sold the entire set up, to a co-worker, still works buetiful for him !and i happen to know a couple with the same engine , but with your freinds needs. he upgraded to 50 ,4 str.so he's now selling the 25.i think it's a great engine!either way , any engine he gets under 40 H.P. , a 4 stk is an awesome way to go!i was very pleased with mine!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same here, I have a 25 Merc 4 stroke and I love it too but he won't have no part of it and he's not the first one I've heard curse the Merc's. I have also considered upgrading to a larger motor but I'm afraid I might get one that won't give me as good of service. I start this one first or second pull don't matter what time of the year, day or weather and it trolls all day on idle and won't burn one tank of gas all weekend. Yeah,they're just that horrible but I can't convince him otherwise, he's just a Johnson/Evinrude kind of guy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess there's some truth to that old saying once you go black you never go back. Yeah, I've been Mercurized too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts