Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been known to do some crawl'in particularly when i get mixed up with the Captain and that Irish friend of his Jameson.Two wonderful chaps who have been known to lead me down the garden path and leave me there to wile away a moment or two. Now if it is bait your seeking then try these tasty morsels, tke fresh liver cut into strips freeze up and as they thraw out use them much as you would a worm. Meal worms and maggots can sometimes be obtained at pet stores,shrimp will work on some things,and stewing beef or pork cut into small pieces then dipped into fish oil like cod liver oil. Fielddog , Since it does not seem I'll be going anywhere tonight my good friend Jameson just happens to be near and so hears a toast to all you hard water boys and girls.
I would raise my rod
And salute you fine
But alas it's frozen in
So here's to you
A wave and a nod
For now that'll have to do

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not long enough as Stephen was able to get a hold of me and now it looks like I got to do some running around tomorrow.Oh well a wee drop in the coffee went down pretty good.Deep cold down this way today as well as the night.Same for tomorrow,I have the paper work printed up for the tournament most of the tickets done and a few interviews on top of that.All kidding aside my friend Jameson won't be there at the pond.I will be I have to eat my share of the hotdogs and as I promised everyone I will not make the coffee. Mike O'Brien ( fielddog )

·
Registered
55 Posts
Olsmelt you might have a time of it unless a bait shop keeps a worm box in a warm shelter or someone else does it's a hard go.You could call Fishing Fever in Halifax and see if they know someone.Try the pet shops that sell speciality foods you never know.Other than that you will have to go with artificials or some type of imitation bait. fielddog

·
Registered
423 Posts
Olsmelt,

My father-in-law used to dig his worms all winter. He dug right up against the foundation where the ground was not frozen. "He had a wood furnace in the basement". He always found worms and the odd fish.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Olsmelt,

My father-in-law used to dig his worms all winter. He dug right up against the foundation where the ground was not frozen. "He had a wood furnace in the basement". He always found worms and the odd fish.
Dave Mckay's had some a few weeks ago outside truro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i live on the bedford highway just 10mins to main st i have some now tho brought a supply up from capebreton

1 - 12 of 12 Posts