Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody new of anyone selling worms in either Hants or Kings County. There used to be a few spots but I haven't seen them advertised this season. I know of places to get saltwater bait, but not freshwater bait.

My backyard is currently gone due to construction and I'm not able to get any worms from my own property (ants have eaten everything). I usually go fishing on the fly and don't have time to head into the woods to go collecting. Its not a big deal when its wet, but it really puts a cramp in my timeline when its really dry. It would be a whole lot easier on my schedule if I could just swing by someplace and grab some bait.

If anyone knows anyone who's got got some, it would be extremely helpful. And if you don't live in Hants or Kings County, maybe someone else might want to know about any worms for sale in any other place in NS. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
When I lived in Falmouth in the '80's some guys I knew used to go out on the golf course at night and get all kinds of dew worms. It was always especially good after a rain. Use a red lens on your flashlight and walk softly. Don't know whether anyone still does. Regards,....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I manage to get some. The kwik-way gas station out in Vaughn (Chester Road) at the end of the New Ross Road has bait for sale. They keep it in the beer cooler. I'm in and out of there all the time, but since I don't drink, I never happened by the large bait display.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts