Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from PEI and am wondering where in Nova Scotia would be a good place to catch some Pickerel? Are there any good spots in Cape Breton?

Thanks

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi,

There are LOTS of pickerel in Nova Scotia. If you are close to Halifax/Sackville, look under lakes and ponds on this site. Lake Kinsac is teeming with them.

Have fun,

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Id like to know where I could try fishing some pickerel in the dartmouth area. Any lakes in or around dartmouth with pike? Id love to try them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well i can tell you. There are really big ones in Grand lake. Not to far out of the city at all.
Went there wed night . We caught 5 and none were small .

·
Registered
255 Posts
cathleenmac the only place for pickeral in cape breton right now is blacketts lake go along the no4 from sydney and turn down at stones rv good luck and post pics if ya get any

·
Registered
4 Posts
mdodge what do u use for bait at aylesford lake ? i use flukes and do alright,but not the amount u caught. we usually fish around supper and have the best luck between aylesford and loon lake.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Id like to know where I could try fishing some pickerel in the dartmouth area. Any lakes in or around dartmouth with pike? Id love to try them.
You can find Picks in a lot of Dartmouth Lakes..Morris,Russel,Bisset,Banook. MicMac and pretty much all the lakes from MicMac to Grand..some are fishable from shore but better with a boat or Canoe/Kayak..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts