Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere around HRM that sells them or should I order it online? Also, should I get the lightest action one I can get?

Thanks guys
Billy

·
457 Posts
marmish makes really nice adjustable ones
there are not a bad price but the shipping is killer
after using them this year i wont be going back to the others

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
if you can't find one Billy get a pc of foam or cork cut and shape like a cone so fill fit snug into guide on end of your rod then put hole in long axis and shove the coil spring out of a writing pen in it. Run line thru and ready to go will work in a pinch

good luck GF

·
457 Posts
if you can't find one Billy get a pc of foam or cork cut and shape like a cone so fill fit snug into guide on end of your rod then put hole in long axis and shove the coil spring out of a writing pen in it. Run line thru and ready to go will work in a pinch

good luck GF
the spring out of a bic light works great too

also i have used guitar strings to make them before

·
Registered
91 Posts
The flat steel ones from canadiantire work very good outside they dont freeze up to much as the small spring style. Dont bother using the heat shrink that comes with it. Just tie it on with thread and grab some 2 part Z-poxy from dollar store coat the thread. Works mint.

XBONESX

·
Registered
24 Posts
St. Croix Legend spring bobber... best one on the market IMHO. Going on 3 years now using them any have many different types. Of course I'm a little bias as I use several legends. Wouldn't have said about them 2 years ago

·
457 Posts
St. Croix Legend spring bobber... best one on the market IMHO. Going on 3 years now using them any have many different types. Of course I'm a little bias as I use several legends. Wouldn't have said about them 2 years ago
how do them rods treat ya
i plan on getting atleast one

the marmish bite indicators work awesome but are geared more for the palm rods
so take a bit of reworking to get them on a spinning outfit

but what i really want is a couple ht blue noodling rods for perch

·
Registered
158 Posts
HT's are nice outfits for ice fishing. I haven't tried the newer ultra light super flex's yet.

I have used for years, and still use an HT impact graphite rod, with the soft clear tip. Kind of like the ugly stick. It's a great rod, medium action but it has a little backbone for bigger fish, but the tip is nice and soft. So it's nice and sensitive too. It's a pretty good all species rod, or good for dead sticking. It's probably the rod I use most.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I can vouch for HT ice blue, the rod tip is super sensitive, all the indicator you need. I use the spring bobbers on my other rods.

Greg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts