Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Fisherman
I'm new to NS just moved out from BC. We came down to Yarmouth here and I'm quite excited at the fishing potential.
Wonder if anyone would give me some tips on good places to go, good times at different places, good things to use... you know the general fishing info must of us want in a new place.

Not asking for your secrets, just some pointers to get me going.
I'm interested in any species in the area, you have great choices out here!
Salt-water holds a lot of interest to me in particular but inland is good to, more what I'm used to.
May be interested in some fishing friends too.
Anyway thanks in advance
Jared

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
hey Jared PM me as the season opener gets closer and I can send you in the direction of some white perch, big smallies and pickerrel they are very abundant down here, pretty much every body of water has one or the other, trout on the other habd you'll have to put the leg work in for. I have been here for yrs and still just discoving some good waters that they can still be found in those those are kept secret as they are scarce do to the acidity of our waters, logging and the threat by invaisive species on this end of the province.

you can get makerrel and flounder off many of the warfs down here as well

welcome to the site

gf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

I'm also wondering about good times to fish the wharf's? Would I get anything at this time of year - it's been warm for winter. I'm not at all familiar with patterns of saltwater fishing.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi Jared-
As GF said - smallmouth bass and chain pickerel are abundant, and there are lots of places here for those two species - including the Annis river which is open all year long.
if you are looking for trout, PM me as well, I can help you out.
Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts