Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Almost all the spots where you can walk to along the shores of Banook, MicMac, Charles, William, Thomas, Fletcher, and Grand Lake as well as the Shubenacadie River, Kinsac, 1st,2nd 3rd lakes all hold Smallmouth. If you explore these places (and the runs in between) on foot or with a watercraft, you should not be disappointed. Regards....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot...I get out to Micmac and Banook but its usually at night..but ill check out those spots u listed . Thanks Again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Second lake is my fav for bass. Good on the fly with a mouse of something heavy if you come in around the tracks by the feed store. Good rocky structure there, some lunkers. Gotta know someone there to get a boat on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cox lake in Hammonds plains I find has some very serious lunkers in it. McCabes lake as well is an excellent place to catch 16 to 20 inchers all afternoon long.

Colin

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went to Lake Banook tonite and there was not much action until just before nine. The wind went dead and small mouth started to attack my Rapala. Caught 3 about 14 inches and quite chubby. It was to dark to take decent pictures.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I went to Lake Banook tonite and there was not much action until just before nine. The wind went dead and small mouth started to attack my Rapala. Caught 3 about 14 inches and quite chubby. It was to dark to take decent pictures.
what Rapala's were you using?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Cox lake in Hammonds plains I find has some very serious lunkers in it. McCabes lake as well is an excellent place to catch 16 to 20 inchers all afternoon long.
Colin
Where is Cox Lake in HP?
the only one i see is out past Upper Musquodoboit

nevermind.... found it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where about on Banook were you fishing? I don't live far from there but it's a weird lake to me.... I'm just curious, would love to take my son for some bass out that way.
I usually fish around the Graham's Grove beach area and along the new pathway built on Brookdale Ave area.

Good Luck

·
Registered
666 Posts
I usually fish around the Graham's Grove beach area and along the new pathway built on Brookdale Ave area.

Good Luck
Graham's Grove really? I never would've thought about fishing that area... haha might have to check that out. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts