Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner

What Kind Of Heater Do You Use In Your Ice Tent?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  S Jollymore 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying a Mr Heater Buddy heater for my shelter. Wondering what if anything other folks use.

#3 ·
Well I broke down and bought it this morning. Central warehouse in Windsor has them in there home heating flyer for $100, got Home Hardware to price match. Will give a review after Christmas when I get to play with it. From the looks of the weather it may be a while until we have enough ice for me to safely try it in my shelter.

#4 ·
I use a 14000btu propane heater, 1 min to full heat up at the high setting, At the first Catch the Rainbow I was in a smaller shack -20 no wind in the early am, as I started the Registration started a fried tapped me on the shoulder and said your shack is on fire!I turned to see my shack fully ingulfed in fog.A friend from work had brougt his 9 year old son and we made the mistake of showing how to turn up the heat. It was safe to say he was in his T shirt when we went back.That one I caught over 60fish and the 2 in the shack did just as well. they won 2 adult and 1st place kidsmy big one did a double flip and right back down the hole!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.