Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,353 Posts
I sent you you a PM suggesting you change your username. Members will not be inclined to respond to a new member with a username "Fishguts" Go figger!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent you you a PM suggesting you change your username. Members will not be inclined to respond to a new member with a username "Fishguts" Go figger!
Sorry Perry ,, There is no messages that suggest i change my username . I'll change it ,no problen . I checked my old messages and nothing there about it . And 0 new messages ....

·
Admin
551 Posts
A fly swap is the term given to when site members decide to each tie a different fly and exchange them. Example, if there were 10 members participating in the swap, each participant would tie 10 of the same fly, then mail them into the swap coordinator who would then divide the flies and mail them out. Then each of the participants would receive 10 different flies. That's pretty much how it goes. There are usually a couple fly swaps held on this site each year.

·
1,353 Posts
Sorry Perry ,, There is no messages that suggest i change my username . I'll change it ,no problen . I checked my old messages and nothing there about it . And 0 new messages ....
No problem, welcome to the site! Ck your message board it should be there is not I'll ck into it, then again not important now.
A fly swap is when approx 10-12 fly tiers agree to tie enough flies of one pattern to give each member of the swap a fly. These are sent to the member who is acting as the hub. The hub sends out to all memers of the swap one of each. It's a great way to get some examples of other ties and patterns. There will be a spring swap, stay tuned!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem, welcome to the site! Ck your message board it should be there is not I'll ck into it, then again not important now.
A fly swap is when approx 10-12 fly tiers agree to tie enough flies of one pattern to give each member of the swap a fly. These are sent to the member who is acting as the hub. The hub sends out to all memers of the swap one of each. It's a great way to get some examples of other ties and patterns. There will be a spring swap, stay tuned!
Thanks Dave and Perry , That sounds very interesting ............I'll have another look at my messages !!!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi Fishy
I liked your original name! (lol)
Don't let them fool you with the numbers. I've been in swaps with up to 100 members. After 100, your fingers get nimble - if you ever get there.
In well run swaps, each member prepares a recipe of the parts so if you get a fly and you like it you can conjure up some of your own. Also its a nice idea to include your name and email. Often sometimes years latter you will hear of the success or lack there of the fly you sent in. Just got me a nice order for some so I think it a good idea.
A bunch of flies in an envelope doesn't much appeal to me.
If you do up your flies quickly and send them of to the swap master the lagards in the bunch will give you grief - kind of shows them up. How long does it take to tie 15 flies? Good job you're not wanting to use them tomorrow. My solution to that one is not to bother entering any more swaps with those guys.
Anyway give it a try soon
Paul

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Fishy
I liked your original name! (lol)
Don't let them fool you with the numbers. I've been in swaps with up to 100 members. After 100, your fingers get nimble - if you ever get there.
In well run swaps, each member prepares a recipe of the parts so if you get a fly and you like it you can conjure up some of your own. Also its a nice idea to include your name and email. Often sometimes years latter you will hear of the success or lack there of the fly you sent in. Just got me a nice order for some so I think it a good idea.
A bunch of flies in an envelope doesn't much appeal to me.
If you do up your flies quickly and send them of to the swap master the lagards in the bunch will give you grief - kind of shows them up. How long does it take to tie 15 flies? Good job you're not wanting to use them tomorrow. My solution to that one is not to bother entering any more swaps with those guys.
Anyway give it a try soon
Paul
Hi Paul , Sounds like the swap has it's up and down side .100 flies . Chr### I wouldn't tie 100 flies in 5 years . I'm heavy into the shad fishing and tie maybe a doz. before the season comes . Maybe a few steamers for the seatrout and the browns ....Got maybe 10 boxes of salmon flies in the mothballs since they closed the summer fishing for them . I'm in the hunting and trapping mode when the fall salmon fishing is in season .....

·
Registered
61 Posts
haha anybody who has the patience and the ability to tie 100 flies that are all for the most part identical has just gained much ofmy respect hah, i tie like 12 and my fingers hurt, 100 is just crazy, you sir are a dedicated man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts