Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heading down tomorrow....i realize the river will be low, it's my 1st time going...with my uncle! He is going to show me some holes, it will be a nice day out!

Any info on any fish being caught would be appreciated, many people fishing???

Also can anyone tell me a few spots in general to try on the west river (Antigonish)

Thanks for your help!!!

Jamie

·
Admin
551 Posts
Hi Jamie.

Seems most of the salmon pointers tend to show up here after Nov 1st
I can tell you with certainty that all the rivers up that way are very low, much too low to have any new fish in them. You might have a shot at a fish in the tidal pools if you hit things just right. About the only good thing about low water is that you get to see the fish holding structure and holes so you are better prepared for when the rain comes.

Best of luck regardless.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jamie.

Seems most of the salmon pointers tend to show up here after Nov 1st
I can tell you with certainty that all the rivers up that way are very low, much too low to have any new fish in them. You might have a shot at a fish in the tidal pools if you hit things just right. About the only good thing about low water is that you get to see the fish holding structure and holes so you are better prepared for when the rain comes.

Best of luck regardless.
I hear ya on that one! My uncle had the same plan, try the tidal area.

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
76 Posts
I hear ya on that one! My uncle had the same plan, try the tidal area.

Thanks Dave
tried a tidal pool last night and today, hooked a grilse last night and once the sun got high this morning i could see loads of fish but easly spooked, ive aslo had a fair amount of success with really small flys at various different pools. when the water is really low like this, try just fishing in am and evening, works for me anyway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,

Had a nice day at some tidal pools and up country as well. My uncle and I rised a few each, no hook ups! They are just hanging in the pools waiting for the rain!

I now know where to go and will not forget, thanks to my uncle and your info everyone!

Jamie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts