Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished this river for trout? Are there any areas that you could suggest on the river that offers reasonable opportunities for trout? It looks like a massive river on the map, are there any areas that are smaller and offer a chance to wade and flyfish? Thank you.

·
Banned
613 Posts
There are some very productive spots on that river system, but unfortunately, I do not know where they are??? I do know that since they started that liming project, the fish that are caught are nice healthy quality fish!!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you xlobsterman. I have driven by it but never fished it. It looks like a big river which tends to discourage my involvement as I prefer smaller streams and lighter rods. Are there any smaller streams down your way that offer decent trout fishing, suitable for a 7', #3 or #4 weight rods? I'm hoping to get to Brierly Brook soon but was hoping this damn humidity would break. Thank you.

·
Banned
613 Posts
Thank you xlobsterman. I have driven by it but never fished it. It looks like a big river which tends to discourage my involvement as I prefer smaller streams and lighter rods. Are there any smaller streams down your way that offer decent trout fishing, suitable for a 7', #3 or #4 weight rods? I'm hoping to get to Brierly Brook soon but was hoping this damn humidity would break. Thank you.
Hey Tim,
I am sure there are some great streams in this area, but I am not much of a fresh water fisherman, so I don't do much of it around here. And on the rare occasion when I do fish inland waters, I tend to fish the lakes, and not streams.

I reserve most of my fishing time for the saltwater and shark fishing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts