lol
just the right boots for it
tons of tred and steel shanked

their 1/2in stud screws for atv's and the like
i can take them out and you can barely tell they were in there

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Don't forget that you're not allowed to wear those on Nova Scotia roads after April 30

Reactions: pmorris

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
They look great...I wish I had some today, went for a nasty fall....lol.

Where did you get the studs?
I used to stud up the tires on my ATV with just plain self tapping hex head screws for sheet metal from kent or canadian tire.

The real ATV ones are a fair bit tougher (and more expensive) but are made to take the abuse from the bike driving over rocks too.

The self tapping ones I used were great and I never had any come out and they were barely worn after a season of use.
I would have no issues getting a small pack of the cheap ones - just don't get them too long or you'll be giving yourself accupuncture while walking.

One other thing, be careful when walking over smooth concrete with them, they are a fair bit more slippery than plain boots.

Bill.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In terms of hardwater fishing we are at least 5-10 years behind in NS in terms of real stuff, gear, lures, and knowledge etc. I travel and get most of my gear in the US and most stores the marmooska section is bigger then our whole Canadian Tire fishing aisle. I have an old ice fishing secrets video that was created in the early 90's using spring bobbers, vex, lake maps, finesse fishing... and people are just starting to catch on and then making it as there own. I'll I'm saying is there is a whole other world out there if you look for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts