Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday I fished the far side of Kinsac where the river runs to Wellington. It was very unsettled weather conditions. Rain, sun, showers. I caught only 2 average sized bass and a few small pickerels.Normally its non-stop action. I think the fish were spooked by the changing weather and didn't want to come out. I threw everything at them and no takers.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was over there saturday past just fishing where the river runs into the first pool and caught 6 bass mostly small ones and a couple of average size. I was only there for about an hour.Usually it's just like you say "non stop action".I like that spot that you are talking about,occasionally I'll camp overnight down on the point. Kinsac does have some big Pickeral in it fishing4life

little hijack
btw took this pic 2 or 3 weeks ago in Kinsac there were two guys together in yaks, just wondering if anyone recognizes the rig..looks like a prowler to me

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='Scott' date='28 June 2010 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1277759425' post='2459']
I was over there saturday past just fishing where the river runs into the first pool and caught 6 bass mostly small ones and a couple of average size. I was only there for about an hour.Usually it's just like you say "non stop action".I like that spot that you are talking about,occasionally I'll camp overnight down on the point. Kinsac does have some big Pickeral in it fishing4life

<--Was that you in the canoe? I was in the yellow kayak leaving as you were going in. I caught couple in the second run...Some nice back in there. See the 2 guys well into the beer at 9am on the first still water? whoa.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Think the lack of pads on the North end of the lake where it runs out has the pickerel not so bunched up as usual. Have to go hunting for em now.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
I actually wanted to try this lake - I dont have a boat though. Where is the best place to access it by foot? Can you have some decent success from shore?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I actually wanted to try this lake - I dont have a boat though. Where is the best place to access it by foot? Can you have some decent success from shore?
Drive to the end of Piggott Ave in Fall River (in Kinloch estates). The end of the road is crown land. You can walk straight back to the lake and that is the north end they are talking about where the lake runs into the river. There is a lot of shore to hike around and fish there, and (as people have already pointed out) the fishing is usually pretty good.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Drive to the end of Piggott Ave in Fall River (in Kinloch estates). The end of the road is crown land. You can walk straight back to the lake and that is the north end they are talking about where the lake runs into the river. There is a lot of shore to hike around and fish there, and (as people have already pointed out) the fishing is usually pretty good.
Perfect... thanks for the advice - I will try it out this week

·
Registered
25 Posts
Were is the best spot too launch a boat at. I went too the end of piggott Ave today. Its about a 5 min walk down too the lake through the chopping. A little rough for carrying a boat though =-). Although ive done worse is my days lol.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Were is the best spot too launch a boat at. I went too the end of piggott Ave today. Its about a 5 min walk down too the lake through the chopping. A little rough for carrying a boat though =-). Although ive done worse is my days lol.
I see a lot of people launch on Fall River Rd. although the launch is not the greatest for backing down anymore(although you still can) if you have a smaller boat you can carry down it is ideal and probably the best spot for a launch.You can also launch smaller boats and canoes on Station rd. off of Kinsac Rd., you have to cross the tracks but there is a spot there for parking.I got lucky I built in the older section of Kinsac so I keep my canoe down by the water,I walk across the road down to the lake and fish after supper just about every evening.

·
Registered
296 Posts

<--Was that you in the canoe? I was in the yellow kayak leaving as you were going in. I caught couple in the second run...Some nice back in there. See the 2 guys well into the beer at 9am on the first still water? whoa.
most likely was me.green canoe..there were two other canoes up on the lake that same day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for all the info folks. Gona go try my luck from shore tommorow moring in the am. Prolly get there around 6 am. Should i work the shore towards grand lake or should i head south ?

Thanks again,

Fishing4life

·
Registered
296 Posts
its a little ruff going but I would say that would be your best bet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wen out to Lake Kinsac yesterday and I have never seen anything like it - I was totally swarmed with flies. There was not even a slight breeze off the lake and the flies were loving it - I was only able to toss a few casts before I couldn't take it anymore. Was like something from a horror movie 'The attack of the killer flies' lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
LOL. What kind of flies? Deer and horse flies? If that's what it is the only protection is to cover your bare skin with something they won't bite through, the heaviest material you can stand wearing without getting heat stroke. Fly dope is useless.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not sure what kinda flies - they were pretty big though! It was all damp in the woods from all the rain - super humid and not even a little breeze. Will have to try it another time though when the conditions are a bit better - looks like there is alot of oppertunity to wade along the shore - sux having no boat - but wading around in an old pair of sneekers can be pretty refreshing this time of year

1 - 16 of 16 Posts