Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, great forum you have here, an excellent resource. I'm from BC and will be in Halifax mid August for some meetings and have extended my stay by a couple of days so I can do some fishing and see some sights. So far I've been looking into the Margaree, but I'm open to any other ideas or recommendations. Would definitley like to swing for some salmon, can anyone recommend a good guide and place to stay? Thanks for any help.

Cheers Bill

·
1,353 Posts
I just got off the phone with a group from SC who usually fish salmon on the West Coast and decided to go to NS this year. I am going to BC in Sept and the difference in the fishing for Pacific salmon and Atlantic Salmon is huge. First it is fly fishing only for Atlantics. They didn't know that. Then the numbers of fish. Expections should not be set too high. Enough said. lol
You may know this but I post in case you do not!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help, I'll give him a call. Would you recommend single, spey or both? Its obviously easier to bring my single hand gear, but for the last few years have been leaning towards my spey collection when I'm on the flows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts