Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Oil, oil, oil. It seems that is all we hear about any more....we are taking from mother nature and then this is our way of giving back.
Tragic in so many different ways.

It seems that we can't go a week without spilling oil somewhere on the planet....I guess it would be naieve to say that it probably doesn't happen everyday! In terms of the BP oil spil (advertised as all cleaned up, LOL)if we corrilate that time line this spill will be cleaned up in 20 mins. NOT!

Trav

·
Registered
296 Posts
they said on the radio this afternoon that the spill has been conatined...my question is at what cost?

·
1,353 Posts
What annoys me is the concern for the fish farm! What about the wild trout and salmon in that system? How many wild fish are lost? We know the loss to a fish farm as they are counted and they have a money value so we should be concerned, right! No one knows the numbers of wild fish as no one is counting and they have no economic value to the Gov! Sad!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been here 24 hours a day since oil spill occurred and have seen no dead fish in river nor heard of any being seen. I can actually see small fry feeding in stream so there stress level is low.I have witnessed an unbelievable job done by all government departments and private contractors involved. It is remarkable what they have accomplished, it has gone from a river of motor oil to being able to see very little of the heavier product around anymore. They all have worked extremely hard and there number one concern is the environment.You can't listen to the media all they do is pick an angle and make a story that works for them, we should all know that. You read that they got some fresh clean water to the fish farm but it is only permission that they give for taking clean water from east branch of river, it is the fish farm that is responsible to have this done. Fish in a fish farm can be replaced and the river will recover but the loss of two peoples lives can't be changed and that is the saddest part of all of this mess. This week alone four lives have been lost to this highway, thats even sadder.

·
1,353 Posts
Good post trout and you are right, my thoughts changed to the loss to the families and my concern showed a lack of respect to them. Thank you for pointing that out.
Good to here the work is going well and all seems to be getting back to normal. Once again sorry!

·
Banned
585 Posts
trout, I am sure we should all be very thankful to have concerned and considerate people working on sites where tragities happen. Without the support of hard working people I am sure the world would be in a worse way than it is at the moment. Good people like you make the world go 'round.

·
Registered
10 Posts
trout, I am sure we should all be very thankful to have concerned and considerate people working on sites where tragities happen. Without the support of hard working people I am sure the world would be in a worse way than it is at the moment. Good people like you make the world go 'round.
I'm not part of the clean up crew. But you are right about them.
The river is looking realy good today.
Two more people lost their lives today on this highway.....that's 6 in 5 days between new glasgow and the causeway. People have to slow down and pay attention.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts