Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Thanks to whoever put this fly on the site last winter. Sorry - I forgot just who - might it be someone called nearnuff who I don't see any more?
The fly works great for small mouth bass. They tear it up. Last night one took ahold and it still has the hook. I'll be using stronger leader from now on!
Anyway thanks to the unknown fellow. Sorry I'm not into pictures or I would post a picture. Pretty ugly!
Good fishing
Paul

·
1,353 Posts
Morning Paul, I believe that muddler was mine. I started tyeing tube flies last year and am sold on them for the uses I am after. I have caught salmon, stripers, trout, smallies on them and when the fly is size4 up. I love them. Big fish once hooked by the small hook have a tough time getting rid of it, no leverage.
I am tyeing some tubes for Arctic Char which I am going after in a couple weeks. I feel confident they will work. I am useing alumimum tubes for some flies and cannot see why they would be considered weighted for salmon.
Anyway tubes are great and my efforts are getting better with experiance tyeing and useing. Perry FKA nearnuff

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH - now its clearer!
I've had some luck on shad also - not the best fly in the box yet but with a few mods it may become that.
Real small tubes for trout are very effective also. I use size 16 hooks and they are as close to a sure thing as I've got in my box. The only problem with them is forage fish such as yellow perch, chub and so on are to fond of them.
Again no camera ability so I cann't post a picture.
Have a good trip for char.
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts