Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ev er fisher trout lake near kingston and middleton? Is the fishing good? are there actual trout or a lot of stunted perch etc?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fished it once early last year, lots of fish on the finder but nothing biting. I think they were bass and being that it was early in the season they weren't active yet.

·
1,353 Posts
Hi girlfisher, I never fished Trout Lake but I have fished the stillwaters on the headwater. There used to be great fishing on the stillwaters. The first stillwater was called McEwan and the one above it was Beals meadow. I have heard a road was built near Beals meadow and what was difficult to get to became easy and the fishing has sufferered. Thats what I heard I haven't been back for years. I wrote about this place in an article on the old site called "The Last Trip" Sadly it was!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Like Perry, I have not fished the lake but have fished the still waters and the fishing was excelent. I put a canoe in where the bridge used to cross the McEwan Still Waters at the upper end and fished down stream toward the lake. I took several trout in the 15 -17" range and a lot in the 7-10" range This was 5 years ago so as to how the fishing is now is anyones guess but given most people don't fish any more it may surprise you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts