Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I know this probably won't get much love and not looking for honey holes. Been teaching my self to fly fish and looking for some advice of Rivers and Brooks with trout in Queens. I am a catch and release fisherman unless hooked deep and fish won't survive. If you don't want to comment pm me. Thanks

Darcie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all. I know this probably won't get much love and not looking for honey holes. Been teaching my self to fly fish and looking for some advice of Rivers and Brooks with trout in Queens. I am a catch and release fisherman unless hooked deep and fish won't survive. If you don't want to comment pm me. Thanks

Darcie
Gee Darcie. This place has been dead for a few years. I’m about to relearn. Moving to the Northhumberland shore. Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gee Darcie. This place has been dead for a few years. I’m about to relearn. Moving to the Northhumberland shore. Good luck
If you're moving near Pictou Co., I've seen guys pulling trout from Middle River of Pictou.
Apparently Barneys river is another spot to go, but I was warned it will get real crowded.
Some stocked ponds too.

I don't think you will have much trouble finding trout spots wherever on the north shore you end up though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you're moving near Pictou Co., I've seen guys pulling trout from Middle River of Pictou.
Apparently Barneys river is another spot to go, but I was warned it will get real crowded.
Some stocked ponds too.

I don't think you will have much trouble finding trout spots wherever on the north shore you end up though.
Hi. I’m going to be between Wallace and Amherst. Thanks for responding, I’m looking forward to exploring there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I’m going to be between Wallace and Amherst. Thanks for responding, I’m looking forward to exploring there
Hey, I am in the Amherst area. You can always do River Phillip. I haven't personally fished River Phillip because I never get my Salmon license, and I just haven't wanted to put myself in a position to catch one by accident. I really like fishing out of the Maccan river, it's not along the Northumberland shore, but it's close by, has Brown and Brook trout, and usually has a lot less pressure than River Phillip.

Wallace River is supposed to be good. I'd like to try fishing in the upper end of the Pugwash River at some point. Closer to Amherst is the Tidnish River. Lots of Striped Bass in quite a few spots. I've also tried the Shinimicas River, closer to the #6, I never had much luck up that far, might be better fishing further down. I was talking to a buddy that was fishing for stripers out in Northport just right next to the mouth of the Shinimicas river if that's your thing.

Are you in Linden, NS, or is that just your name?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Darcie
Try the Mersey. I've heard there are some great spots in Keji. I have a bit of experience fishing in Lunenburg, nothing directly in Queens. The fishing in that part of the province is a lot better than what I have locally, so really most lakes and rivers should have some pretty good spots. Sorry, I know this isn't much help. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi We are soon driving Quebec Rt 389 to Lab City and on to Goose Bay, Blanc Salon. I would like to know if anyone knows how much is still unpaved.

Also can I fish along the road? I am an amateur fisherman and would love to hear suggestions for what to use? Spinners, Daredevils, etc??

Thanks for any help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts