Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is the first post on trout fishing open water here in Hants on Meadow pond. The fish were biting this pm 3 persons there including myself I had landed 4 and two more on casting what i call a small cast master. I lent another fisher one and he caught 3 on it. They were deep 10 to 12ft on a glass like surface. The specs were rolling. and even had a hit from one of them on a Hildabrant silver small .Another fisher was using a silver zoom flute and caught one as I was leaving. Had to scratch an itch.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got out today for a fish at Meadow Pond in those horrible conditions for Jan 30.:rolleyes: I have a picture. All by myself and the bite was on. All they wanted was a 2in white grub powerbait. 5 landed plus a lot more got off at shore. It was a sad day for my white grub, it was mauled then tore to pieces. So sad:(
Fish Beak Salmon-like fish Grass Plant
Snow Freezing Geological phenomenon Bedrock Slope
Snow Freezing Geological phenomenon Bedrock Slope
Wood Bedrock Freezing Formation Snow
Water Freezing Pollution Soil Melting
馃ズ
Cloud Water Sky Water resources Atmosphere

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The other post froze so here's I arrived to find another fisher there and in two casts I had one on. He had been there earlier and only had them on. Moved down to the path and caught two and left I stayed put and had a blast. Even one jumped and i cast on him AND HE GRABED IT:) Get a hit or hook up ever two casts.Two of my pictures look like a repeat but it was a prefect line up for two. Those four fish for a tiny moment they would stay perfectly still and not fall of. Till i hit the picture I didn't know i landed 6 it was fun to open water fish feeling like a April day, dead center of winter. It was Sunny to start and windy but soon as the cloud hit it became still.The fishing really turned on. The water was really stained but the white glowed in the water. They were all down, except the jumper, about 7 feet1/8 oz jig ,white, 2in power grub. Deadly , used many times thru the ice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts