Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The AVBC is holding their annual 2 day event on Black and Little river lakes on July 3rd and 4th. We are spicing things up this year, and wanting to bring back something similar to the old black river classic which many of you probably remember.

We will have a day 1 meal included after weigh in. We will have a grand prize draw of $500.00 in Irwin tools ( anyone can win this), we will have several other draw prizes as well.

Cost is $60.00 for a member team, and $70.00 for non members. We pay to 5th, and trophies to 3rd along with a lunker prize ad trophies.

Events are 7am to 2:30pm each day, day 1 is Black river only launching at the lower BL launch, and day 2 is Little river only launching from Methals dam.

All size boats and all levels of anglers and welcome and encouraged, if you have never done a torunament before this is 1 to not miss.

Further questions contact myself at 902-681-0579 or email - [email protected]

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sounds like a fun event!! ...And a VERY reasonable fee for a 2 day event!!...Regards

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you somehow provide a map to where those boat launches are? I know where one is, but i thought the methals dam bordered black river lake, not little river lake, I'm confused lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you somehow provide a map to where those boat launches are? I know where one is, but i thought the methals dam bordered black river lake, not little river lake, I'm confused lol
Hi Charlie,

Black river does border the methals dam, if you have ever come into to fish little river lake then you drove into methals dam and unloaded in the top lake being Methals, you can drive down the bottom of the damn and launch into Black river lake. The Black river launch we are referring to , to avoid driving into methals for Black river is at the very bottom of the lake. When you come in from either wolfville or the big stop you must pass near this launch. If from wolfville once you hit the dirt past lumdens pond you drive straight no turns and you come right to the launch. If from the big stop you turn left at the canal bridge just before you start on to the methals dam road, go to the stop sign turn right go 1/4 mile you are at the launch, its concrete with plenty of parking, hope to see you there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Bullet, I went to check it out today!!! I know exactly where you mean now!
no big fish seemed to be active but there were a few little guys hitting the plastics...
I would love to fish that tournament but I just recently bought my own equipment (not using my fathers anymore lol) and I only have one concern and that is that I have no livewell..... which presents a problem.....

Any info on the spawn and how long it usually takes for the females to become more aggresive?

Literally caught approx. 200 bass at gaspereau from sun up to sun down yesterday but nothing over 15 inches which is unusual for that lake and the spots i fish regularly... I'm assuming this is due to water temps/spawn... any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated....

thanks again, I love this site
cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Bullet, I went to check it out today!!! I know exactly where you mean now!
no big fish seemed to be active but there were a few little guys hitting the plastics...
I would love to fish that tournament but I just recently bought my own equipment (not using my fathers anymore lol) and I only have one concern and that is that I have no livewell..... which presents a problem.....

Any info on the spawn and how long it usually takes for the females to become more aggresive?

Literally caught approx. 200 bass at gaspereau from sun up to sun down yesterday but nothing over 15 inches which is unusual for that lake and the spots i fish regularly... I'm assuming this is due to water temps/spawn... any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated....

thanks again, I love this site
cheers
As for your livewell that's easy go buy a medium to large size cooler and an aerator pump at cdn tire or wal mart hook it up to your trolling motor battery and your done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This sounds like a great thounament to get into !! And at a great price, Perry if you shouw up I can show you me and my tournamnet Partners new Boston Whaler!!
Count me in for sure!!

Colin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This sounds like a great thounament to get into !! And at a great price, Perry if you shouw up I can show you me and my tournamnet Partners new Boston Whaler!!
Count me in for sure!!

Colin
Great, we look forward to seeing you there, anyone else on here coming, love to see new faces, chime in let us know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We are getting closer, so who all is coming out to this great event. We are also getting more prizes daily to draw for, going to be a great time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Guys. How was the tournament? I couldn't make it down, New boat wasn't ready. I want to hear some stories and some pictures guys! Great job for you guys getting the tournament going again.

Colin

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey eastside.
really good, trevor and i won 1 place 17.52 lbs, we got 5 big bass and 12.19 lbs bag at little river

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's Funny I told my Buddy, If I go up to the tournament the One guy I would have to beat is you haha. I had an awesome day on "Rockey" lake Sunday. How was the fishing at the tournament, Catchin them on senkos or topwater?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts