1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a kid fishing, Dayspring M.A.R.C

9am - 12 noon

May 29th

Free to enter 16 and under, fish for fun or prises. Weight in and measure.

Hotdogs, drinks and lets hope for sun!

Sponsered by Canadian Tire and put on by the LRSA.
Trav

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would like to extend a thank-you to the volunteers in Mount Uniacke who along with Inland Fisheries and others, stock Murphy's Lake. This provides fishing opportunities for special-needs persons and their caregivers, along with members of the Canadian Paraplegic Association. I was asked to help out the Lockview Learning Centre students on Friday. What a blast. I spent 2.5h baiting hooks, casting , untangling rat's nests, cleaning fish, hooking fish and quickly passing it to a student only to yell, "you got one on", netting fish and taking pictures...I was the kid's Gillie..I only brought in 1 fish myself.

One student landed a nice 16-17 inch trout that I had hooked and then passed the rod to him. The other teacher said it was the first time she had ever seen him smile. Great day. That's what it is all about...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hats off to you guys in Mount Uniake you doing a great thing!!! This is from one of a group that done 8 L2Fs with one more in Hants on Wed.I know all about the casting, baiting, untangleing,ect. and its a pile of work especially with kids with diff. challenges.Great job and keep up the good works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sticks, Wildcat and I took our daughters (5 in total) to my camp overnight, then we took them to the Camp Roderick Scout Camp derby fundraiser(Sunny Brae, East River, Pictou County), . I think there were 73 registered for the day. Pancake breakfast, hotdogs and hamburgers available for lunch and a ton of prizes. My daughter won the 11-15 year old division as well as the largest fish for the day. Got herself a new rod/reel and a trophy, so she was happy. It was unreal how many decent prizes there were. This was a fundraiser for the repair of the facility and it was their 1st year. Great event and we'll go back next year and hopefully many others will as well.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
We used to do those derbys for the kids at St Croix ball park years ago, D.O.I.F would stock the pond with trout the night before - and adult arsh(*&s would be there as soon as the truck left. Next day when the kids would be trying to fish, morons would be casting in front of them trying to catch those stocked trout. It was pretty disgusting behaviour from a bunch of friggin idiots who couldn't let those kids have some fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts