Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Seen an article in Outdoor Canada the other day, about Sucker Lake, by Paul Merriner, that recomended Paul MacDonald.

Good little lake, I enjoy it because it is close and it keeps me sane in the winter...LOL.

Trav

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seen an article in Outdoor Canada the other day, about Sucker Lake, by Paul Merriner, that recomended Paul MacDonald.

Good little lake, I enjoy it because it is close and it keeps me sane in the winter...LOL.

Trav
Does anyone know what issue of Outdoor Canada this is in?

Sucker Lake is my favorite place in the world to be , during the winter months!

·
Banned
585 Posts
Winter 2011, the one that is out now I believe. Guy has a 20 lbs Musky on the cover, ice fishing special edition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any skim ice on sucker yet? Is it still open on the farm end? Likely frozen with skim ice on the concrete boat launch end? ....Anyone know?
I haven't been up there myself since the end of summer, but a buddy of mine said there were people standing on shore breaking holes in the ice with rocks so they could fish! I thought i was hard core!

·
Banned
585 Posts
Didn't make it up this weekend, but I want to start to get an idea of ice conditions....anyone out there look yet? Paul you been out? Tim you and Tyson try testing the ice?

I figure it has to be good soon. Once that snow turns to ice it will be on for me!
If nothing else I'll get there Saturday to make a reading.

Trav

·
Registered
5 Posts
couldnt take it any longer, had to go look. few hardcore anglers there, couple shacks, good news ice is a good 5" id say, and judging by weather, just gonna get thicker
. best part, caught 2 rainbows in the little time we were there. missed the feeling of reeling 1 through the hole! going again tomorrow morning bright and early, long as not too windy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts