Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just wanted to pass along info about this meeting for those that may be interested. I don't think it has been posted on the site yet.

Striped Bass Anglers Association of Nova Scotia and Striped Bass Research Collective
Tuesday, 17 August 2010, 7-9 PM
K.C. Irving Centre Auditorium
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS

Joint meeting of Striped Bass Anglers Association of Nova Scotia (SBAANS) and Striped Bass Research Collective.

For all parties and persons interested in striped bass, but particularly for those who wish to be part of a unified Striped Bass voice for Nova Scotia.

1) Update on current projects.
2) SBAANS general information meeting.

We seek your participation and knowledge for research and stewardship.
If you are a Striped Bass angler or fisher, you will want to attend!
$10 to become a member of SBAANS.

Please email [email protected] to confirm your attendance.

Art Redden, President, SBAANS
Dr. Trevor Avery, Striped Bass Research Collective

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry - lousy timing: weeknight, and late after working all day, then back to Enfield sometime after 9:00. In other words for me it's
a) kill my carpooling arrangements (those were set last week)
the day would then run this way:
- commute Enfield to Halifax,
- work 8:00 to 5:00,
- drive Halifax to Wolfville & have supper somewhere,
- meeting 7:00 to 9:00,
- then home either through Rawdon or on the 101 & 102.
- into bed by 11:00 if I was lucky.

Fifteen - twenty years ago I could do that, no longer. It will be shame to miss this, so please post a report here.

Why not set the meeting up for a weekend around a tide. If it was at Acadia we could fish the Guzzle or Gaspereau River, then gather and meet. Anyway, that's a suggestion.

Cheers - Miles

·
Registered
806 Posts
Thanks for informing us JB

Why were members whove paid their dues not been informed of this. I paid my $ and haven't heard a thing since????

·
1,353 Posts
Good meeting! Lots of information on research on the striped bass being done by Acadia, students and facility. The tracking program was an eye opener for me, very well done and cant wait for the info that will come out of it. The information will be available on a web site at Acadia in the near future and I will provide the link when available. The tagging program was interesting as well and it will be on the site as well.
Now if I could just put a zipper on my lips!! I shouldn't go to meetings! lol

·
1,353 Posts
Owen, no I haven't. To be fair I didn't feel I needed to follow up as we were supposed to be informed. I will now and get back to you.
15 mins later: I cked Acadia Center Estuarine web site and found under publications the report listed as #96 but no access or link! I will find out why and get back.
Information is a two way street!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I seen a notice that there will be a STriped Bass Assoc meeting on Wed in Stewiacke 630 PM at the legion in Stewiacke, with other meeting in Truro and Valley.

With the upcoming year should be an interesting meeting.

NOt sure what is being discussed or who will be in attendance for different fields?!?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Owen,
Where did you see this notice?? How long has it been up?? I would like to attend but, I made another commitment for that evening. If you can go, perhaps you could keep us abreast of what took place. I'm sure that there are many folks such as myself who won't be able to attend the meeting who would really appreciate knowing what transpired..
Regards....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts