Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that there are Smallmouth Bass in the stewiacke and Shubenacadie Rivers. What is the population like, can you catch them anywhere in the rivers or are they confined to certain areas/stretchs of them? Have kind of been thinking about giving them a try.

·
Banned
767 Posts
Hi;

I don't know about the Stewiacke, but the Shuby has SMB and Chain Pickerel down to the tidal zone. Probably find them in tribs like the Nine Mile, too. Where you find 'em exactly is up to them.

cheers,

chuck

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got some family out Nine mile River way so if there are some in the nine mileriver that would be very convenient. I have never heard of them being in it but i have only fished it a few times years ago.Can anyone shed any light on whether there are any smallmouth bass in the Nine Mile River?

·
Registered
423 Posts
My brother in law has a camp in Middle Stewiacke and there are quite a few smallies in that section. Probably a good place to start. I was messing around last summer with a couple that I could see from the bank and they were in the 12 to 14 inch class. But I understand there are some good one. A canoe is the best way to fish the Stewiacke.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
definitly going to have to give the stewiacke a try sometime, sounds fairly promising.

when it comes to the nine mile river i was thinking about trying around riverland/renfrew campgrounds and maybe the bridge down from the medical center. Does anyone know if i would have any chance at all of landing a smallie in any of those spots?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have seen some large Small mouth in nine mile just up from where its meets the shubie. easly 3+lb right about this time every year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts