Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we have a Spincast Fishing section, like we do a Fly Fishing section, where anything related to Spincasting can go?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Since there is a fly fishing section, aren't all the other sections defacto spinning and baitcasting sections? And any discussion on spinning or baitcasting can be had in the general fishing section, right? I am just trying to find justification for making a new section before I go to the admins with it. Sell me. :)

I am not opposed to it but what are you hoping to see with the creation of a new section?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well, there seems to be many sections for specesis and a section for fly rod (which is a technique category I would say). I was thinking a spinning section would allow folks to discuss spinning specific techniques and tool; would make it easier to find stuff using the search tools.

I would ask why is there a category for fly rod specfically, and not any others, when fly fishing discussion could go into the specific specesis like trout, salmon, etc.

I got to learn how to spell specesis. :D

·
Administrator
913 Posts
I have edited this thread by eliminating all posts that were headed towards a nasty comparison/argument between anglers who choose either to flyfish or use spincasting methods.

We ALL are here because of one common thing and that is we all love to go fishing........and it is irrelevant which type of rod and reel you choose to get the job done. If you drive to work each day in a car and I drive a pickup truck it wouldn't be fair for me to say, "cars are the devil". The end result is the same, we both get to work and in this case we all are anglers who enjoy the sport of fishing.

Any further posts that insinuate or are seen as an attempt to "stir the pot" and degrade another members choice of method(s) for angling will NOT be tolerated and result in warnings issued.

·
Administrator
913 Posts
I guess you missed the sarcasm in my post.

But yeah, ok just delete it.......no big deal!

P.s that was also sarcasm!
Actually, I speak sarcasm fluently and consider myself at times bilingual because I can speak it very well. I love Adam Sandler movies also eh. However, others don't and most times take it the wrong way, especially when using a keyboard. Until somebody develops a "sarcasm font" that is easily recognized, posts like your previous one WILL be deleted to avoid further controversy.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts