Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any smallmouth lakes in the prospect road area? Anywhere from Bayers' Lake to Peggy's Cove. I know there are a lot of trout lakes out this way but have never run into any bass or pickerel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone know of any smallmouth lakes in the prospect road area? Anywhere from Bayers' Lake to Peggy's Cove. I know there are a lot of trout lakes out this way but have never run into any bass or pickerel.
Hatchet Lake has Bass.
I don't fish for them so I don't know is they are smallmouth or largemouth.
There used to be a boat ramp at the end of Lake road off of the Prospect road (Lake road is across from the cemetary by MultiTech/Scoop/Cup.
But there have been no parking signs on the road in the past, not sure if you can park there or not.

Another access point is the Park on the opposite side of the lake in Brookside. I don't think there is vehicle access there though.

Bill.

·
Registered
186 Posts
no largemouth bass in the province but hatchet lake is full of smallmouth usually pretty small fish but i have heard of a few big ones as well

·
Registered
44 Posts
no largemouth bass in the province but hatchet lake is full of smallmouth usually pretty small fish but i have heard of a few big ones as well
Yeah, mostly small-sized smallmouths in Hatchet Lake.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried hatchet before with no luck but maybe I'll give them another try today and also hit mcgrath lake down the road, not sure if it has anything in it either but worth a shot. Does anyone know anything about the cluster of lakes down towards dover and peggy's cove? Big lake, etc?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
go200mph; They are like gold - "where you find them".....go look....you will be surprised at what you can discover....sometimes right in your own back yard.....the secret is just to look.....Regards

·
Registered
212 Posts
go200mph; They are like gold - "where you find them".....go look....you will be surprised at what you can discover....sometimes right in your own back yard.....the secret is just to look.....Regards
Finding them is half the fun - check out Google maps find a lake or a river and have a go at er - never know what you may find

1 - 8 of 8 Posts