Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for the locals. I plan to start with a bang on the first.I have the boat the truck the gear and the time. Having not fished here for 20+ yrs, where can I go to catch SMALLMOUTHS ??
I live next to Shubbie Park in Dartmouth but am not scared to travel.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is a question for the locals. I plan to start with a bang on the first.I have the boat the truck the gear and the time. Having not fished here for 20+ yrs, where can I go to catch SMALLMOUTHS ??
I live next to Shubbie Park in Dartmouth but am not scared to travel.
Pick a lake...any lake...especially if you're by Shubie...Smallies in Charles, MicMac, Grand, any of those connected to Shubie...take your pick!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pick a lake...any lake...especially if you're by Shubie...Smallies in Charles, MicMac, Grand, any of those connected to Shubie...take your pick!
That's what I wanted to hear!!!!!

Any others stand out??

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Both MicMac and Charles have SMB populations, so you don't have to travel far! They might have lockjaw on April 1, though, but there are other species (e.g., landlocks and brookies) in Charles that you can play with until the water warms up.

Paul

·
Registered
433 Posts
Oh I expect there will be more than a few caught on April 1st.... already been some incidentals landed on water open year round for pickeral.... trick is to find them and get one to bite.... then its game on. Have caught big smallies the last three years between the first and the third of April and this year its lookin real good as well. Get out and give them a go.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh I expect there will be more than a few caught on April 1st.... already been some incidentals landed on water open year round for pickeral.... trick is to find them and get one to bite.... then its game on. Have caught big smallies the last three years between the first and the third of April and this year its lookin real good as well. Get out and give them a go.
do you mean kinsac?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts