Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
by kayak/canoe/boat, above suggestions as well as just about any body of water in the surrounding area really. just go up south mountain and pick a body of water...it probably has bass in it . take the kids to aylesford lake. if the fishing is poor, take them swimming, or lake George, or lake paul, or..........

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
by kayak/canoe/boat, above suggestions as well as just about any body of water in the surrounding area really. just go up south mountain and pick a body of water...it probably has bass in it . take the kids to aylesford lake. if the fishing is poor, take them swimming, or lake George, or lake paul, or..........
In the case of Black River Lake, for years I would walk its swampy, muddy, rocky banks off the Butler (Mines Rd)where it begins from Baptist Brook. No Boat in my life in those days, I was poor. Great fun for those so inclined to get a bit dirty. There were lots of Bass, white Perch and Yellow Perch as well with the occasional Catfish and Trout thrown into the mix. LOL

·
Registered
433 Posts
If fishing for kids and smaller bass but lots of them is the target there are spots 5 mins from Kentville and in Wolfville as well... My kids have fished with me in these spots for years and have a great time and occasionally we even get a monster

·
Registered
46 Posts
There is a farm pond on church rd just east of the middle **** intersection on right hand side going towards port Williams that always was full of smb - its down over a hill with a good farm lane going in to it - cant miss it

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I was on Panuke last Wed am. First time the boat was in the water. ripped up to blind and hit the canal 6:15am. Alot of small fish with a good flow coming out the river. Headed to deep brook and the water was blasting out but not alot of fish,as we were coming out of the cove it was a dead calm. Top water time and I thru Gurgling Death into shore Green leapord.1 lber on and one every 3 cast up to a 2lber. Right on shore my friend Darcy tried a leapord frog brown popper same thing. We hit all the prevoius spots again with this meathod non stop catch rate.Hit 3 more spots and at the end i hit my favorite dock. Always has a big fish on it:). I didn't disappoint 2.5lber biggest of the day.a foot note Darcy was sending pictures out to his bose of what he thought were big fish. I was in front letting them go the same size. He has never caught a realy big Bass.My best on Paunke 21.5in 6lbs many years ago at rocky run.Ps have won alotof tounaments on that lake in the past.The only downer of the day was the 50 $ bill for the gas in the boat.Still have.5 of a tank.Ps we both lost count on the fish we were catching after around 50 each Got of the lake at 11 am

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Was out on Panuke am fish last Thur. alot of smaller fishthoughout the am. My friend Darcy was hooking up left and right on the fly rod I was using top water and a flute with good success. The river up the lake were flowing and the Hants side no good. I hooked to nice bass both skinnyand not at there normal weight .A 15iner and 18iner half there normal weight. Plastic poisoning i think. Neither puked up anything. Scary for the lake. Same thing happening on Grand lake. No sighn at all of the Green alge were I was fishing 8 miles up. The lower lake only supplied dinks to another boat that went down 2 fisher whom cam in to launch after we pulled out and went up and fished back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts