Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard you can find them at long lake, not sure, haven't seen any this year yet or last, anyone hear different?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was referring to the long lake provincial park out by the Bayers lake business park. As for good fishing spots on the lake - some are better then others. My best advise is just explore - this lake is a dream for us guys that don't have boats. You can walk along the shore of pretty well the entire lake.

Only downside this time of year it is really busy - Dogs, Kids, Swimmers, canoes.... did i mention dogs? lol

Still it is a huge lake so lots of room to fish and explore

·
Registered
35 Posts
Actually the only fish I've caught this year have been at Long Lake PP.

The gf and I went for a "hike", code for me bringing her for a walk while I fished. Caught a small sm bass, then what I think was a trout?? (couldn't really ID it) then a nice smallie...close to a foot in length. The gf had her camera and we even have video of the "big guy" (lemme know if you want to see it) and it was not far from the St Margarets Bay Rd parking lot at all. Maybe a ten minute walk.

I love that park. It's beautiful and I can't believe I didn't know about it for 28 years. I agree with the posters up top, it seems like there's a lot of places around that you can try at......I'm still learning but I found a pretty decent spot I like. I enjoy biking out thereand just casting and trying to figure it out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts