Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has tried sikcle hooks at all, if so pros vs. cons. Ive tried them and have found them to be very sharp and hold a point well, i have yet to catch a fish with one, so no comparison in that department.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I was wondering if anybody has tried sikcle hooks at all, if so pros vs. cons. Ive tried them and have found them to be very sharp and hold a point well, i have yet to catch a fish with one, so no comparison in that department.
Hi Tyler
Seems to me someone included an odd hook in this springs fly swap. Would they be sickle hooks or can anyone remember?
Paul

·
Banned
767 Posts
Hi;

I've been waiting for feedback on this. To me they just look like a marketing gimmick by Matsuo, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

cheers,

chuck

·
Banned
613 Posts

Personaly........................I have not tried these hooks. But, IMO, they should work GREAT!!!

With the thinner wire of the hook, you will have less weight, and that will give any bait or lure better action!!!! And with the chemical etching, the hooks should be razar sharp, and should increase your hook-up ratio!!!!!

The only way to know for sure is too try them!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi
Last evening I took the sickle hook out for a swim. It was on a tube fly from the swap. Perry prehaps? The combination was ineffective for smb in still water where the bass were last evening. The hook was to heavy for the tube resulting in it sinking stern first - that combination doesn't work. Nevertheless when a fish did get hooked the hook held well and the combination would work good in running water. It will get another try. The jury is still out for me at least.
Pmac bugs were the fly of choice last night with fish up to 18in - great fishing.
Have a good day
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts