Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ouird- Sorry this picture is from December. There is about 8-9 inches of ice on the lake now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fished shortts lake today for a good part of the day from shore by the cement plant and didnt get a thing. It was still a nice day though, hope to go back when the water warms up. Has anyone caught anything there yet?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Boat launch at the south end of the lake, around the shore there you can try around.

Also I remember fishing in Pictou County with my father at I believe West Branch Lake and catching pickerel. Have you tried there?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pictou County Angler

Try fishing West branch lake like Billy suggested.I know there are lots of pickeral in there.Also go to Black Lake because there is also Pickeral there as well.
You could always hit Black Lake first then if nothing happening there go to West Branch Lake as Black Lake is first.
I forget the exact name of the side road that Black Lake is on but head out the Stellarton Trafalgar Road and there will be a dirt road on the right.Go up there and it isn't too far up in.Take a car up in no problem.West Branch Lake will be on the Stellarton Trafalgar Road but on the left hand side.
If you use Google Maps and check it out you should be able to see West Branch Lake as well as Black Lake as well.just make sure you zoom in some cause Black Lake didn't show for me at first until I zoomed in a bit more.Black Lake is before West Branch on the Map

·
Registered
160 Posts
Pictou County Angler

Try fishing West branch lake like Billy suggested.I know there are lots of pickeral in there.Also go to Black Lake because there is also Pickeral there as well.
You could always hit Black Lake first then if nothing happening there go to West Branch Lake as Black Lake is first.
I forget the exact name of the side road that Black Lake is on but head out the Stellarton Trafalgar Road and there will be a dirt road on the right.Go up there and it isn't too far up in.Take a car up in no problem.West Branch Lake will be on the Stellarton Trafalgar Road but on the left hand side.
If you use Google Maps and check it out you should be able to see West Branch Lake as well as Black Lake as well.just make sure you zoom in some cause Black Lake didn't show for me at first until I zoomed in a bit more.Black Lake is before West Branch on the Map
There are 3 cabins on West Branch Lake and a buddy of mine owns 2 of them. It is a good size lake and on a no-wind day you would do well to fish the whole thing. I was down 2 times last year and my buddies son was the only one that had any luck. I was only fishing lures but have since picked up some senkos and look forward to going back this year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts