Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy went to Shortts lake today and caught a couple descent pickerel.Lots of small ones too. Just thought Id share the pics.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Good to see some ice pics (pun intended) from there, never fished through the ice there, used to summer fish it quite a bit.

Greg

·
457 Posts
nice picks guys (pun intended as well)
i thought about giving shortts a try through the ice
but then i would have to drive right by fish lake to get there
and that just dont seem right to me

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice picks guys (pun intended as well)
i thought about giving shortts a try through the ice
but then i would have to drive right by fish lake to get there
and that just dont seem right to me
Haha I hear yah there, why waste time driving when I can fish right now. Just wish they would open up a few more winter fishing oppurtunities in my area. There are plenty of old gravel pits around that are loaded with smallmouth and perch and have no trout. Ive sent in information to DNR on locations so hopefully some new places will open up for some hardwater fishing.

·
457 Posts
Haha I hear yah there, why waste time driving when I can fish right now. Just wish they would open up a few more winter fishing oppurtunities in my area. There are plenty of old gravel pits around that are loaded with smallmouth and perch and have no trout. Ive sent in information to DNR on locations so hopefully some new places will open up for some hardwater fishing.
have you posted them in your rfa area topic in the ice fishing season forum

that way i can make sure they are presented at the next rfac meeting

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have you posted them in your rfa area topic in the ice fishing season forum

that way i can make sure they are presented at the next rfac meeting
I have not done that. Actually wasn't aware that section was there. What information is needed on the bodys of water(GPS coordinates, or just a description of where it is)?

·
457 Posts
just a description should be fine

any info you have a bout the lake wold be good to
such as winter access population of fish species present
whether or not they are stocked
basically anything you can think of that would lend
weight to wanting to open the waters for winter fishing

·
Registered
296 Posts
I tried getting out on the ice today here at Kinsac....I went through the ice up to my knees..I thought it would be safe after the big freeze after the rain but its bad!!Looks like Shortts Lake is still froze up good! great shots of some piks there boys!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone been out on the lake since the big deluge of rain earlier this week? Lookin' for one more kick at the hardwater can for this year!

·
Registered
47 Posts
well went to shortts lake there was only 6 inches and alot of black spots. had only 1 hit before the ice told me to leave so i did i left shortts and headed to issac's in cumd co.there i found a good solid foot of ice. i had one hit there to. i want to go to angevine lake tomorrow

1 - 16 of 16 Posts