Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take my kids to Shorrts Lake for some pickeral, as we have never fished them before. Does anyone know if there are any easy access areas from shore? We don't have a boat so i don't know if we'd even get any from shore. Thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
if you're gonna go from shore at the boat launch near the concrete plant, you won't have that much luck near the actual launch, too many people go there. Head up the shore from there along the road there's little paths through the trees into the water along the way, you'll see a dirt track along the paved road. try along there. There's usually a few along that shore! Good luck.

·
Administrator
913 Posts
Caught this 20 incher Aug 14, Shortts lake, had a great time, going back there on labour day weekend
From PEI do this every year now, 2nd year at shortts, 13 years at Gaspereau
Nice fish galafishin. I would love to get 5 of those this Sunday during the CASA tourny on Shortts Lake.

·
Registered
160 Posts
headed up to new glasgow the weekend going boatless would like to try some bass fishing where can i go
This is a little late for this year but for next year go to the bridge on the #4 Highway in Alma. You can walk down along the river, either up or down from here. Smallies are all around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is a little late for this year but for next year go to the bridge on the #4 Highway in Alma. You can walk down along the river, either up or down from here. Smallies are all around.
Yes thats right, a good place under the bridge "old Highway 4"!
Many trouts there and don´t use worm at the ground, to many "Mud sucker" I hope is the right englisch word?
Better lead on the ground and the worm a little higher!

Maybe we see us in June!

I will back again from Germany

Rene

1 - 10 of 10 Posts