Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the bass fishing scene, I have tried fishing Stripers in the stewiacke river with no success, so now I figure I'll try Smallmouth. I was just wondring where are the best spots to go for Smallmouth on foot? as I do not have a boat.

Thank you in advance,
Thomas

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hey Thomas, If you check on the other threads and read further on in this forum, I'll bet a lot of your questions will be answered!! Welcome to the wonderful world of Smallmouth angling... Regards....

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
try shorts lake if in stewiacke it is close to you and several roads to get into it off the old highway

·
Registered
296 Posts
Lake Egmont is not that far away either. great little spot!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi Thomas
I ended up at Oakfield Prov Park a few years ago - I had a relative going on an early flight and another relative coming in on a latter one. So I just drove around, found the park and thought to fish for a few hours from shore. I had a SMB nearly every cast - nothing big - just to many for a big one to get caught. A fine spot to fish.
Good luck
Paul

·
Banned
767 Posts
Hi;

Some people here have recommended McCabe Lake, so yesterday I looked for a place to launch a canoe into it, but could not find one. Does anyone here know of such access to the lake?

thanks,

chuck

·
457 Posts
Hi;

Some people here have recommended McCabe Lake, so yesterday I looked for a place to launch a canoe into it, but could not find one. Does anyone here know of such access to the lake?

thanks,

chuck
there used to be a couple spots along sandwick dr that you could put a canoe in at
but its been a few year for me so it may have changed sense then
sandwick dr google maps

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey Chuck, you can still launch a canoe off sandwick drive in white hills, you just follow the drains from the road to the water, about a 3 minute walk. Lots of bass there

·
Banned
767 Posts
Hey Chuck, you can still launch a canoe off sandwick drive in white hills, you just follow the drains from the road to the water, about a 3 minute walk. Lots of bass there
Hi guys;

Thanks. I noticed one drainage ditch, but it was all boulders and the sides were steep. Not sure I should risk it.

cheers,

chuck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts