Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I was there wednesday water was very high might tone down by now if going for shad on saturday let me know
Was in Middelton yesterday in am, water was up but stained, again almost no flow from the Nixtua its all the Annapolis river.The fishing was on from 6:30 till 10;30,alot of spawned out fish, was alone on the point for 1 hour then some friends from the past showed up, the laughs and good times began. We all had on at least 40 fish but only about 30 landings they are getting soft.A thunder storm hit at 12:30 just after the second box of burgers went on the bbq.Yes a tail gate party started happening up in the picnic park by the river, a few fish in the afternoon and we all quite by 3:00. raining real hard and the river was starting to run muddy.And yes Inviorment and DFO know about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Naturally with that much rain, rivers and streams become muddy, an expert like yourself should know that. Not much the "Iviorment" and DFO can do about it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know the Shad are still running in the Stewiacke River.Not all Spawned out either.Still seems to be lots around.Water is still high and a little murky,but the fish are still there.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Are the shad still running in Middleton?
I was there yesterday , the waters up, the Nictau was running the river was full of shad spawning. you could walk across the shoals of fish in the Nixtau,And for most of the Am Sun. myself and a friend had the river and point to ourselves.What a day of fishing!If you go down throw your shad fishing book out.Its fast retrieve, top of the water colume fishing.Cast into the shoals of fish and around them.Alot of doubles and there are a few fish over 10lbs in these shoals.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was there yesterday , the waters up, the Nictau was running the river was full of shad spawning. you could walk across the shoals of fish in the Nixtau,And for most of the Am Sun. myself and a friend had the river and point to ourselves.What a day of fishing!If you go down throw your shad fishing book out.Its fast retrieve, top of the water colume fishing.Cast into the shoals of fish and around them.Alot of doubles and there are a few fish over 10lbs in these shoals.
Im gonna try the fast approach tonight in elmsdale, I've been doing everything but that and havent gotten a hit. Tight lines.
Adam.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Think there will be good amounts of shad for the coming weekend (June 19th) ?? Heading back down to rumsy lake to the cottage an was hopeing to get some shad fishing in on the way Saturday morning

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Think there will be good amounts of shad for the coming weekend (June 19th) ?? Heading back down to rumsy lake to the cottage an was hopeing to get some shad fishing in on the way Saturday morning
Usually I head down this weekend but its fatherday and my dad wants to sit in my bass boat! Yes there was alot of what I call fresh fish, June run, The nixyau is still running hopefully. The river was full last weekend what a blast! But I have to cut my self off sometime. Striper Smallie time.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Usually I head down this weekend but its fatherday and my dad wants to sit in my bass boat! Yes there was alot of what I call fresh fish, June run, The nixyau is still running hopefully. The river was full last weekend what a blast! But I have to cut my self off sometime. Striper Smallie time.
As a footnote we used mosty flo green and chart colored darts, Green Thing. Goblin,Glowbug, Jims jig altered flo green,and ended my season as I started with a traditional dart, red head white body, Bret M was using a Ghost{all white} at the end.Hope this is a help you when your down there you should have it all to yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts