Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Shad done running in the Nictaux. Went there today to allow my son to catch his first fish. Not a Shad in sight. While use a yellow/red shad dart my son caught his first fish. It wasn't a Shad but a Brook Trout. He was some excited to finally catch his first fish.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know that in the Stewiacke there are still lots of Shad left.Was there yesterday and had no problem hooking them.Was using a White with Red Shad Dart.Sometimes a slow retreive and then if nothing I would speed it up and back again.I find that the Shad are hiding in the shade.That is what it seemed like on the Stewiacke anyway.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yea I was out in Elmsdale yesterday and there were a few around as well. Didnt have any luck though they had no time for the shad darts - they were busy chasing each other around playing silly shad games lol

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Is the Shad done running in the Nictaux. Went there today to allow my son to catch his first fish. Not a Shad in sight. While use a yellow/red shad dart my son caught his first fish. It wasn't a Shad but a Brook Trout. He was some excited to finally catch his first fish.
Usally when the Shad clear out you start getting some nice trout,Ive fished this weekend last year and caught lots from the point down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was fishing the Nictaux on the 20th (Sunday) still tons of shad heading up river, when you look off the single lane bridge you can see hundreds underneath waiting to head up stream.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts