Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No, I had friends Report In from the badly flooded Annapolis/ Nixtau. No bites ,with my advice they made out to the point 4Hrs Am. No Luck. Even tried for Brownies No luck.Will Be Heading down on the weekend of the first of May.Sun.Itch to scratcho_O

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for the update.I heard that there was people fishing the river in Middleton this am. I heading down at 5am Windsor time:). Be there by 6 am. If the bite is on or should i say fish are there. I will be staying for the day.Cold water with snow sqalls today. It will be time to tap the dart and go smallo_O. Rigged up a tandem fly dart rig today.also.:cool: Will update tommorrow evening:D

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I hit the river at 6:15am , had the whole river on a cold wet am. The bite was on.By 11am i had landed 50 fish at the point,Most i hit in the slot. 1:30pm to 6 no fish at the point. Iwent prospecting and found them down the river around the corner. The bigger ones showed up with 3 to 6lbers 25 fish later i left.Not many others reached these numbers you had to actually had to fish for them with the high water.Helped a newbe into his first fish this am.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hit the river at 6:15am , had the whole river on a cold wet am. The bite was on.By 11am i had landed 50 fish at the point,Most i hit in the slot. 1:30pm to 6 no fish at the point. Iwent prospecting and found them down the river around the corner. The bigger ones showed up with 3 to 6lbers 25 fish later i left.Not many others reached these numbers you had to actually had to fish for them with the high water.Helped a newbe into his first fish this am.
Awesome! Going to head to the valley this weekend. Hoping for similar success!

·
Registered
4 Posts
All shad you were catching?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Made it down by 6:15 am, Fished the point for1/2h no bumps or bites there. Darcy moved up the Nixtau river and i headed down to were i finished last weekend. Fish on then nothing for 15 min change to a blac white white tail landed another 2 then nothing.There were to guys fishing above me and they were having the same kind of luck. I change to my #2 fall back dart the pink lady and it was a fish every 4 to 5 casts. the whole time you would be bumping fish out in the middle.Darcy came down put a pink lady on and hooked a trout the first cast. lost at the waters edge.He had played one up river on his fly rod.Change to black and white ,another 3 fish then. back to the pink lady. decided to have a seat and fish.Then it was fish on till11:15 You had to find them with one cast then put the dart in there faces the next.I landed 21 , Darcy 5 and that was the average # fot the am fish for all.It was hard fishing:confused: with the shad in a very slow bite mode, I had to employ my tricks to get these to bite, the tapping the dart worked well.Heading down all day sat with the BBQ at the park for lunch.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well here the report from yesterday, There was 30 person in the am It was slow fishing, Landed 2 at the point and 2 down river river and then to the bend the big hole and hooked 17 more all the am then before 11 i went back up to the point.Ask the guy who before had been up there allam no fish , not to get mad at me,then jumped into the slot and hooked a 5lb female first cast.10min battle , One thing all am if you felt a small bump on your line set the hook, most of the time it felt like you were bumping over them It was a light bitr am. A fellow fisher whom I had fished with many times qued me in on what was going on.:) left then and went down to the park for a BBQ.till 1:30pm. Headed up to the point which was empty40 other person on both sides of the river. across the river they were getting a few fish. As I said in the am this day was an Annapolis run only no love on the point.Well as I said at 1;30 i hit the point and jumped into Nixtau and lined up to fish the slot. Fish on or bites and short plays and landed 5 in the first hour. I notice as I got into my third fish i looked down the riverand I had 40 persons staring at me I guess I was putting on a clinic:oops:. The next fish looked down the same thing no one fishing just watching.The bite had dried down river .Not one person except a fly fisher joined me an he only mange to hook one.This went on to 6pm when a local fishing friend Ryan and another local guy joined in for the fish on game with doubles and triples on in the slot. lost count after 42 myself wth my final dfish at 7;25 a monster a 24 in female whom jumped twice and i could not gain an inch on this fish shear drag running, after the second jump she got off.Ryan asnd I just looked at each other. shock !o_O At that point I packed up and left.I met some of the guys from the am as I walked down river and told them I 'll be back Next SaT . Join me for lunch.:)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Planning to head down again on Sat , then 3 sleeps and there for 5 days over the long weekend. Eat like a King ,Sleep like a bear, fish like a sane person wouldn't.:) Have to stay at the Fundy Spray hotel way down the back.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Here's my report, water down but good flows in the river. Hit the point at 6:15 4 fish then went up river Nixtau and hit 2 fish at ever spot to the corner. then back down doing the samething.All real big fish.When i got back to the point i jumped into the slot fish on:cool:Landed 30 in the am slow fishing then to the park and watch two Shad Dart sellers glare at each other as my BBQ acted like a ram jet for 2 min. then it went back to normal after i turned of the tank and back on. Found out today new burner needed.In the afternoon I went up to see a fellow fisher fly fishinghooking halp the point up to his armpits:)He seen me and backed up so I walked out and nailed one across the nixtau. He then said do you want the spot you had in the am and backed up so he could fish were i had casted and i stepted into the slot and fish on ,small one big ones and "two o my god" fish landed one and the bigger just had his or her way with me ultralite overload.:):)o_O.Had two young fisher jump in with me. they got a few but there gear was failing them Couldn't cast far.I opened my kit and handed over a Green thing. He then remembered me and my dart promise. Handed of my rod to the newbes and gob of young kids who came up, We ended up with myself in the slot and two fishing the nose of the point. There they started to hook up doubles, triples till about 7pm Though out the afternoon i was teaching them how to take of fish out in the watere, Insead of landing every fish. They seen me catch ,drop it in cast agian in 30sec and hook up again.I showed them how to tap the darts and many other tricks. As I left at 7:15 they thanked me for my help and advice and would be fishing with next weekend. I went down to the strait run and hooked 3 more before i left.7:30pm. Something I noticed and was loudly pointed out to all by an asian fellow who i was fishing with in the am. You a Master Shad fisher. If I am, were is all the guys I fished with last year and years before with the same skill levels? I'm the only multi decade fisher there.in 4 times down.Been fishing Shad since 1986.o_O Will be heading down Thur.for 5 days

21 - 37 of 37 Posts