Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the computer had an upgrade and know I can post.For the last week its been every thing from pouring to painting many bake cycles and now one more tip dip for the chart yellow red head. Then its the first clear coat. Then Tails.This year looks like no travel shut down ,so i booked our room this year for the 5 day longweekend stay. There is one pile of darts on holders on top of the wood furnace baking away.2.5 months away from Shad time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well The first coat is dryed and baked on and started on the tails today, The black thing and the beasts are done. Started on the pink Ladies and took a break. so relaxed:sleep: I all most took a nap.Wentfor a walk and had a coffee.Will be at it again this pm.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been working on the tails and made a new dat combo,green blondie, the name was given to the blondie by a young lad from middleton who used it alot with great success
Water Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape

.Working on all the flo geen colors now. Any body else out there making darts?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well 62 sleeps till Shad time in NS. All darts second coat of clear coat today:) Two day of slow baking then done. even recoated 15 specials I made up for myself and friends:cool:. Was just talking to a friend who fish Shad with me ,said he may be layed up the first weeks. I reminided him of a certain person who had a major right shoulder surgery and two weeks later was shad fishing left handed{trained before season to fish left handed;}.Couldn't lift my right hand to my face but could turn the reel handle.:giggle: Ps I could do more trick cast left handed and that was noticed big time .Next project will be to clean the Rod reels and regrease. SOS pad and a lite scrub will make those cook handles look new.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just seen the springforcast for rain for uso_O Above Normal ! It could be the 1 in10year flood year in Middleton.:giggle:Love fishing the flooded point.Nonstop catch and release. till the arm says no more.Maybe will get to see some 2fters again, were the chowder mill has been shut down for4 years now.With all this snow in the woods, 3ft ice snow base were going to have lots of water in April.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
51 sleeps till Shad time. the Shad cam shoud be up the first week of April. ton of snow ice still in the woods. today you were walking 3ft above the ground on it still. Mite half to remorgage the house to go Shad fishing this year.If its not covid lock downs it has to be something else.:LOL:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its Now 40 sleeps till shad time. As I look up at the picture i can almost see the river moving. That was taken looking out to the river at the point. 11 sleep to trout and picky times馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It would be a normal year to say 33 sleeps till Shad time, but! here it is, there has been 3 out of 4 signs that the smelts are running here in the the Kennecook river In March:oops: The last 3 years there was no sign of them in April. Ps I was told they were getting up to 70 shad a day per person last April 18 and on, my Qoute it would have been a great birthday presnt if Jeff had of called. Was kept real Quite:cool: I :)will be heading down for an explore this year in the last week of April.Scatched an itch for two hoursyesterday and hooked up on some pickysat our 365 days open lake,
Water Sky Lake Outdoor recreation Plant

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I look at the picture and it looks like I have a huge pot guto_O But its my water bottle and other geari use to hold up my fanny pack when out deep with the waders. I was fighting a bigin Shad ,6lber with a ultra lite combo

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went out to my 1 trout spot with friend Darcy, All our gear on was from last year late .His rod had the Beast Shad dart with a Chart Green tail, i had on a 6 in power worm on black chart green tail. we arrived and my first cast had a trout sucking on the tail, he dropped off and darcy cast pulled up to were i had thew the worm and fish on. 8in .This went on for 20min and i change up to spinner and worm. He landed 9 with the Shad dart and i landed 8 on the spinner. Out fished by a shad dart. go figure:rolleyes: We kerpt 8over 7 in

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nothing on the Shad Cam but suckers, 20 sleeps till Shad time:cool:, pepers out early. Then at 11;pm last night i let the dog out. As I stuck my head out the door i heard a scream from next door , There was 3ins of snow down and it was SNOWING HARD, MY DOG WAS COVEREDo_O. THIS WAS THE SMELT SNOW.o_O

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It has begun here in Hants , Report today by 2 fellow members of the HWWA while we were stocking Meadow Pond. Shad under the bridge in Stanley this am. 6 of the remant population in that river. It Has begun:love:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seen a few Shad On the Kennecook river just above the hightide mark. No bites but no surprise they don't usually bite till upriver in the Shad holes, Shad Cam showed Schools going thur today.. Another 13 days till I head downTo Middleton.:giggle:. This week with 40 to70 mm of rain will be a brown out on most river here in Ns.They should be seeing fish in Elmsdale this week. There always earlier then the Valley rivers.They should be in Truro River this week to:) yes I know something many DON'T.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts