Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
141 - 160 of 194 Posts
Did an painful am fish in Middleton :blink: fished with my left but the right was paining from the previous days physico. There was good action on the point one person got 25 myself hooked 9 landed 3 gave there, up due to a gentleman who wanted to play the shad almost to death went down stream all by mysef and laded 13 in a row, Walked back up at noon hooked and released 2 and left. Was good numbers in the Nixtau but they moved up late in the Am. :D Water was very cold.

Coz nobody's posting :p
nobody posting means theres fish being caught, and nobody wants people to flock to the rivers, atleast in my experience. Tonight, on grand lake near sunny lea, I caught a nice big male shad(didnt expect it this far up the lake) on a clouser. Also landed 5 stripers, some gaspereau, and some smallmouth, all on the same clouser. My 8 year old cousin landed 8 stripers, she was happy. There were lots of shad swimming around there, some were even moving into the canal with the gaspereau, as were the stripers. Im pretty sure the others there thought the waves were bass, but no, they were shad lol..

nobody posting means theres fish being caught, and nobody wants people to flock to the rivers, atleast in my experience. Tonight, on grand lake near sunny lea, I caught a nice big male shad(didnt expect it this far up the lake) on a clouser. Also landed 5 stripers, some gaspereau, and some smallmouth, all on the same clouser. My 8 year old cousin landed 8 stripers, she was happy. There were lots of shad swimming around there, some were even moving into the canal with the gaspereau, as were the stripers. Im pretty sure the others there thought the waves were bass, but no, they were shad lol..
Good to hear! Thanks for shariing :lol:

I had a coversation just today about no one posting about 9mile , were a small community of SHad fisheries here on NS fishing and its nice to here fhom someones fishing trips success or not. Ps you can fish shad right to the end of June in Most shad rivers, but a word of caution.I call them the horrors, A Shad that has no scales is white and black in color thick sickening both to touch or smell , I was warned about what happens to some shad when at Annapolis dam striper fishers were hooking these out going fish on 2 oz bucktails . Don't touch it the smell will be there for days.I hooked mine in Middleton the 3rd week in June,6 years ago It looked like a Zombie , one eye socket empty white in color smelled rotten and the fellow fishers could smell it 20ft away :blink: Hopefully I can fish with my right arm by then :)

Discussion starter · #150 ·
Young fellow just called me , Are we going this Sat . What do my friend and I need to take.This is the lad that out fished us ice fishing last winter he listened when i told the other two that the hits were light watch your line for movement. :)

Discussion starter · #152 ·
Went to Brooklyn to pick up a jug of milk for the kids, stopped at the bridge over the Meander river by the rink, looked down massive school of gasperu and guess what was there with them 3 big shad ,This is were I caught my first Shad ever 28 years ago same place and conditions.Hooked one and can never give it up :D

141 - 160 of 194 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.