Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here make and sell custom shad darts? would like to get collection before the run but would like to option to pick couple of my own patterns. planning on getting owm molds this fall and start custom dart making.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where do you get your paints? was hoping for complete darts with power coated colours.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
where do you get your paints? was hoping for complete darts with power coated colours.
if want them completed PM sjolymore on here he may be able to help you out. Also not sure where you are but if going to shad corner there is a colorful character that lives right there who sells them 1$ ea or 6/5$ and has tons of colors plus he is entertaining

good luck
GF

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ive gottem them there before. hoping to get a little creative with colour combos. might have to wait till i get my owm molds. i will survive this season..lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
model paint works well as does finger nail polish ! and both are available cheaper than jig head paint!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have a good collection of what you call a little creative in color, Pink Lady Green thing, Goblin, Double pink,Think Green, Think Pink,Glow bug, Beast,Oranged, Black thing are just a few.Just finished clear coating times 2 yesterday.Started some tails last evening.25 years of fishing outside the normal colors combinations and bringing new ones to the sport.Ps they work

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Last coat of clear coat yesterday the 300 , some of which are getting dressed up with tails.Pink{intense] with fusha colored tails are done.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well if your ever in the sackville area message me with a price per dozen. and some pics of your patterns.

·
To do nothing is unacceptable.
2,726 Posts
Hey Deon2005,

Bass Pro Shops carries good selection of powder coat paints as well as lure paints.

Terran

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Good luck getting them across the border.Tried 3 years ago no luck!Ilke some of the hotter colors when I can get them.Made a few new mixes in colors and tails for this year.Not to make and issue or badmouth a buisness but I have seen many first time anglers come out of that shop down in middleton with garabage colors and helped them out up on the river to catch fish. The free fishing weekend last year was a prime example, 10 or more went in looks like they didn't ask the right Questions,I helped them all out sold over 40 darts andwas happy to see every one of then score with the poison from my shad kit.Not one went away without a big juicey burger and someting to drink. Are lunch in the park turned into a tailgate party.yes i even had a beer,fishing with some fishermen from Locport.They brought lots of grub.We had a blast thet day.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I can do darts for 1.00 each without tails. Mine are 3/8zo I have green, green-white, pink-white, orange-white, red-white, red-yellow. I would like to get rid of 20 or more at a time. I don`t mind shipping them out either depending on how many and the weight should not be to much more then 3.00
Those are must be big darts I use 1/8 oz and less!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
3/8 is the typical size Ive seen for sale at shad corner and on ebay. with the accept ion of 1/16 for fly fishing. i find 1/8 works great on the slow moving waters but the faster runs i like a little more weight for casting distance and to get to the fish faster.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
3/8 is the typical size Ive seen for sale at shad corner and on ebay. with the accept ion of 1/16 for fly fishing. i find 1/8 works great on the slow moving waters but the faster runs i like a little more weight for casting distance and to get to the fish faster.
I have noproblem in fast or slow with the 1/8 just preference I guess, Ican blast those 1/8s acrossthe river no problem

1 - 17 of 17 Posts