Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a a new 2% service charge (tax) being implimented April 1st. This is possibly why alot of the fishing licences are not being sold so the province can get a little more tax dollars in their pockets. Found out at greenwood cdn tire they are not selling until April 1st because of the new rules(tax) being applied on the 1st.

·
Registered
173 Posts
haha! beat the deadline.
Dartmouth available @
jc's variety on alboro lake rd.
buy yer licence there if u can.
save some grief (unwaranted)
beat the clock!
I was the first one to get a licence there.

tight lines all

"woo hoo can measure count down in hrs now"

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got mine at Keddy's Store in South Berwick yesterday. They do not have the Handbooks yet but have and will sell you a licence. The local Home Hardware said they did not have any in. If you are in the Berwick area drop in to Keddy's they are nice folks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know what the new license prices are yet? I had got mine on thursday (minus the book since they STILL didn't have any) before the new 2% kicked in. Just curious, I have a friend who hasn't gotten hers yet and I haven't been out the house to look.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I paid the same $26.73 before April 1 that Greg did today.

The price for a 2011 licence is 2% higher than that for a 2010 licence. It didn't matter whether you bought the 2011 licence before April 1 or after March 31.

Paul

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK...I just found last years license and book and the fee was $25.85...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts