Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks. My fiancee and I are considering visiting the South Coast of Nova Scotia for a week for our honeymoon in September 2011. While fishing will have to take a back seat to all the other attractions in your area, we want to spend a day fishing.

Having never been to the east coast, I'm curious what direction to take in the early fall. With such variety from salt water, to lakes and streams I'm just not sure what would give us the most fun in our limited time.

Any recomendations for specific experiences or outfitters?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Backcountry,

Although Nova Scotia is beautiful in September the best fishing opportunities are beginning to wain at this time, although some may disagree with that comment. Trout fishing in September is hook and release only and there are gear restrictions. Lots of smallmouth opportunities on the south coast if that is your thing. A honeymoon is something to remember so I would suggest a shark fishing adventure. Having experienced it a couple times I can say it is something you will never forget. Follow this link to the foremost shark charter in N.S. http://www.bluesharkcharters.com/ . I think you will find it quite interesting. If you prefer freshwater this site is a good place to find information about various species, outfitters and guide services. Check out the forums for discussion on just about every N.S. species and topic.

Trutta

PS: September is a good month to fish on Cape Breton Island for trout and salmon and a trip to the Margaree Valley is always a treat. The Margaree draws fisherman from all over the world and is a beautiful place to visit and sight see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Backcountry,

Although Nova Scotia is beautiful in September the best fishing opportunities are beginning to wain at this time, although some may disagree with that comment. Trout fishing in September is hook and release only and there are gear restrictions. Lots of smallmouth opportunities on the south coast if that is your thing. A honeymoon is something to remember so I would suggest a shark fishing adventure. Having experienced it a couple times I can say it is something you will never forget. Follow this link to the foremost shark charter in N.S. http://www.bluesharkcharters.com/ . I think you will find it quite interesting. If you prefer freshwater this site is a good place to find information about various species, outfitters and guide services. Check out the forums for discussion on just about every N.S. species and topic.

Trutta

PS: September is a good month to fish on Cape Breton Island for trout and salmon and a trip to the Margaree Valley is always a treat. The Margaree draws fisherman from all over the world and is a beautiful place to visit and sight see.
Thanks for the input Trutta. Shark fishing sounds pretty sweet and I'll check out the link for sure. I was also messaged about stripped bass fishing to the north in the Bay of Fundy, which sounds like fun too.

The plan is to fly into Halifax, rent a car, and just wing the acomodations with the exception of the first night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts