Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am thinking of heading to pictou county to try to get into some sea run this weekend. Any rivers/places you could recommend? Im not that familiar with the area - (not your honey holes, just general areas). Are you on the fly? Let me know if you are trying for a fish this wknd and want some company.
when im home from work i mainly fish the east river, there are lots of other rivers and brooks that contain both sea run speckles and browns. I havent fished it in about a week, but im guessing further up river would be ideal. Nymphs were my go to fly this year, and when they didnt work i used the spinning rod with some jointed rapalas.The french river, Barneys river and sutherlands river are also producers. thats Four rivers all on highway 104 heading east from newglasgow, that should get you started with some good fishing.

·
Registered
304 Posts
is there any rivers in shelb.co that the sea run gos up thanks A.Q
Try the Clyde River. Fish the run at Hole#1 at the Golf course and just above the Port Clyde bridge(both on the in coming tide). When I lived in Clyde River I had no problem catching Sea Trout at this time of year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
fished 4 different spots on the East on Saturday...nothing, didn't even see any rises..
took my kids to a local lake Sat evening and my 9 year old caught here first trout on a fly rod..pretty exciting

21 - 24 of 24 Posts