Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
As a flyfisherman from away[vancouver Island],I would like to know if there is any decent sea run trout fishing close to my new home,Yarmouth.Just retired there.
I have heard it said that these sea going brook trout can go over 4lb and provide a scrap equal to a small salmon.
Just returned from an exploratory trip to the Miramichi region where these trout are plentiful but had not started their upstream run yet.
Also,if there is anyone in this area who would like to share some fishing time and show a newbie the ropes--I would be delighted.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh my. Is there going to be any chance at sea run come the end of June. I arrive in Halifax for a week on the 28th.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Banned
4 Posts
Ive been getting alot of nice sized sea run since early may.. was in my fav spot today and got my 5 in 20 min or so.. largest was 17" smallest was 15" ... almost all photocopies of one another. cooked one tonight.. awesome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've heard the sea trout were running around HRM. Can anyone tell me some good spots to find them? ARe they only going with the tide? What are some good baits or lures to use as I'm not much of a fly fisherman!

Fishhunter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still no reply to Yarmouth sea run trout. I fish the 101&1 Highway from Yarmouth to Meteghan. Anybody know if sea run are in this area yet. Thanks. Mudbone
i am from the Yarmouth Aera myself. i havent done much in the lines for sea run. i do mostly brookies in the east branch of the tusket. allot of back woods fishing. places where the average angler dosent get a chance to get too. i have only gotten out once this year so far. water in the rivers was real low compaired to previous years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the response Rob. Glad to hear the pitter-patter of rain last night. A lot of the areas I fish should hold a few trout. Anybody notice an increase this year of gaspereau{kiack}? Seems like everyplace I hit there are a lot trying to maneuover through the brooks and rivers and usually ending up at a beaver dam as there seems to be a few more of them this year as well. Mudbone

·
Registered
18 Posts
here in pictou county the sea run is on, last week i caught 2 that were at least 2-3 pounders, i also caught and lost a few, tommorow morning im on the hunt for some fresh browns if the water is not too dirty.
I am thinking of heading to pictou county to try to get into some sea run this weekend. Any rivers/places you could recommend? Im not that familiar with the area - (not your honey holes, just general areas). Are you on the fly? Let me know if you are trying for a fish this wknd and want some company.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts