Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have a 1680 and would recommend it, the fit and finish is flawless, the workings are very smooth, and only praise for the sealed conical drag. 3 thumbs up from me.

Greg

·
Registered
879 Posts
Glad to give a review, I'd like to add that the best feature is the drag, there is no initial tug before it slips, just smooth slipping from where you set it

·
Registered
296 Posts
didn't happen to pick one up at Fishing fever today trout snout?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
didn't happen to pick one up at Fishing fever today trout snout?
no but i got a sage blank to build over the winter and my old reel is to ugly for the new stick 1600 is in the good price. range why are they on sale at FF? that would be sweet

·
Registered
32 Posts
I fished the 1680 for salmon for two seasons. Nothing bad to say about the reel. Its very well built, picks up alot of line and the drag is smooth as any sage reel. For $100 or so it was well worth the money. The only other reel i would consider in that price range is the lamson konic. Thats a bullet proof reel too. I stopped using the sage because its drag is quiet and makes no noise when peeling line. Which is half the fun when you hook onto a real fish.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I stopped using the sage because its drag is quiet and makes no noise when peeling line. Which is half the fun when you hook onto a real fish.
LOL. This made me flash back to the days when we rigged playing cards into the spokes of our bicycles to make them sound like they had motors.

Cheers,
Paul

Reactions: pmorris
1 - 11 of 11 Posts