Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Has anyone fished the Lower Sackville river for trout? Is there an area on the river that is good for wadeing and fishing like the Phillip, Middle etc? I heard there is a reasonable salmon run on the river but I am a trout fisherman. Thank you for any and all help.

Tim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Right before Shore Drive and the railway tracks it's pretty easy wading and there's a nice pool where the fish are. The gaspereau were running there the last time I was down so it limited the amount of trout I was catching (about 5 gaspereau for 2 trout, all released). Hopefully now that the sewage plant is working it won't smell so bad down there

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you WollyBugger but that doesn't sound like a place I would want to fish. I just got back from the Middle and the Margaree so fishing a place that is improved by a sewage plant just won't cut it. It sure is difficult finding a decent little stream to wade and fish close to Dartmouth has been problematical. Thank you for your suggestion, however, It is still appreciated.

Tim

Right before Shore Drive and the railway tracks it's pretty easy wading and there's a nice pool where the fish are. The gaspereau were running there the last time I was down so it limited the amount of trout I was catching (about 5 gaspereau for 2 trout, all released). Hopefully now that the sewage plant is working it won't smell so bad down there

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,
Are there any spots along the Sackville river that offer wading and fishing for trout? What is the river like to wade, do you need chest waders or will hip boots do? Are there indigenous trout there or is it mostly bass?
My trip to the Middle was excellent with near perfect water and lots of sea trout. I didn't fish the Margaree as much as I thought although the cemetery pool offered up some fine fishing. Has anyone been fishing the Wallace and River Phillip lately? What has the fishing been like or has the action been mostly on the tidal sections? Thank you.

Tim

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hello,
Does anyone know the Sackville river hatches? I assume there is a caddis hatch but I am looking for dryflies that will work on this river. I will be using a 7', 3 weight rod so I am looking for dryflies in the #12-16 range. Thank you for any and all help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts